Meet Ozzy! Our new rescue dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We met with Abner yesterday and it didn't go as well as I'd hoped it would. We know better than to get a dog that doesn't fit in well with our little family, so looked at the other dogs this rescue had available and found this little guy! He's a toy mix with some chihuahua, maltese and I think something else. Weighs all of 10 pounds! Very loving and affectionate, does great with the other dogs. It was a win-win for everybody!

Haven't cleaned him up yet but wanted to get some pics up for you guys!

Meet Ozzy!

ozzy1.jpg ozzy.jpg

fishyluv

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
@ LyndaB, He is precious!!!!!

I dont know how he could get any more adorable with clean-up!!! lol

Anyways, Congratulations!!!!! And thank you for all you do for these dogs!!!! They are so so lucky to have you!!!!!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Awww...he looks like a sweetie!

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can't believe how quickly Ozzy is settling in to the household and routines. He's very smart, so funny and just a darling.

He has bonded to my husband like superglue. I actually had to tell my hubby to ignore him a bit because he was picking him up all the time, cuddling and cooing and kissing him. I could already see some separation anxiety cropping up. My husband would go into the shower, and Ozzy would run around the house looking for him, whining. It only took a few hours after I had him put the brakes on and Ozzy actually quieted down, became more secure, found a dog toy and showed some independence.

Ozzy incites Scruff to chase him and it's amazing how fast the little guy zooms around the house and outside. Scruff literally can't catch him. He's like a little fluffy comet streaking around. Hilarious to watch!

fishyluv

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LyndaB, That's great to hear!

So glad you have given him a chance at life!!!
It is amazing how quick they can bond when they feel comfortable and safe!!

Will yall be keeping ozzy or is he there temporary? I couldnt give him away, i know that! lol
He is such a cutie!!!!

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh, we are his forever home, for sure. That said, last night he got on hubby's bad side. The two of them were upstairs in the office, Michael's working on his computer, all of a sudden his keyboard doesn't work. He investigates to find that Ozzy has chewed through the wire.

ops: Sowwy Daddy.

He comes into the kitchen and tells me what happens, shows me the keyboard, probably expects me to get all fired up like he is. My response? "Well, he must've been bored." Not what hubby wanted to hear apparently.

So, I just told him that he needs to bring toys upstairs for Ozzy. Problem solved.

This morning, I worked with Ozzy on what to chew and what not to chew, like ahem, your father's computer components. Found a toy that he absolutely loves, he surprised me by wanting to chase it, so I tossed it around the living room for him. He'd zoom over, pick it up at full speed, drop it and continue his merry steeplechase through the dining room, under the recliner in the living room, bounced onto the sofa, took a flying leap off and continued running. He jumps into the dog bed for a pit stop and I discovered that's my clue to throw the toy again. Fool dog. Had me laughing so hard! At the end, he was exhausted.

And everybody knows, a tired dog is a good dog. :;dogrun

fishyluv

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LyndaB, Well that's good that ozzy has a forever home there!!!
I know i couldn't give him away! lol

Poor guy already got in trouble with dad! lol Maybe ozzy can get back on his good side with alot of good ole kisses!!!

I am so glad that it's working out (minus the chewd wires) lol

Great work you do LyndaB!!!! There needs to be MORE people like you to give these dogs a chance at life and love!

jaken97

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I misread your title I took it as you had adopted a retired military working dog (MWD), one of the search and rescue dogs. Its a little known fact that you can adopt MWD's, and contract working dogs.

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh. No, the dogs I've been rescuing for the last 20 years come from abusive or neglectful situations mostly. On occasion, we adopt from a rescue organization, like with Ozzy. Sometimes, it's straight from the dog pound. No service dogs yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 62 66.0%

Top Bottom