Meet Orion and Artemis!

Pepsi216

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, I had decided I would give a home to a new betta when I returned from Spring Break, after losing Polaris a number of weeks ago. Nope, couldn't even wait that long. In the middle of break I went to the LFS back at home, and found myself looking over the bettas. There, in a tiny little bowl, was an absolutely gorgeous VT, with lilac and magenta fins, and a lilac and turquoise body that changed colors with the light. I told myself that I should at least wait until I get back from school and find a betta there, but then he started watching me and said, "Hey! Look at me! Take me home, I won't mind the trip!" I was hooked. I took Orion home and he stayed in a (heated!) gallon vase for a few days, but then came back to school with me and now sits on my desk in the 5.5 gal tank. He keeps swimming around, not believing all the room he has, and enjoys watching me as I work at my computer.

As if that wasn't enough, when I got back, I visited the new Petsmart by the college that was having a grand opening sale this weekend. Unable to help myself, I found my way to the aquatics department, and lo, they had a tank of female bettas. I looked inside, and immediately a young red CT female swam over to say hi. I just couldn't say no. I took Artemis home and put her in my 10 gal with my cardinals. I've been keeping an eye out for trouble, but everyone's getting along great. She's swimming around checking out her new home, and when I walk by will come over the the glass to greet me.

I'm so glad to be back in the betta family again!

~Kelly

I couldn't help myself, I went camera happy ;D

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome back to the family Orion & Artemis, not that you left - just had to find your new babies to love! Stacy loves Orion the most - he looks a lot like her favorite of our Bettas, Aslan. I love Artemis the most - female Bettas are my favorite, like our Betta, Angel. They both have beautiful color and fins. It's hard to resist them, isn't it? when you have the betta bug & MTS going into anyplace with Bettas for sale can be dangerous!

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Beautiful Bettas! I'm glad you decided to rescue some. Welcome to the forum Orion and Artemis!! (Oh and BTW love the names. )

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome Orion and Artemis!! They are very beautiful Natalie

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
what lovely fish!!!

antisen

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello Orion and Artemis! I like Artemis especially... her coloring makes her look like a pretty goldfish

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Aww, very nice!!! ;D

Sparkling Diamonds

Valued Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Bettas.

I have to ask one thing, in the third picture, is that a reflection of a rubber chicken? Haha I dunno why, but that jsut caught my eye.

But they a re very lovely bettas, i love Artemis' coloring, a very fancy shmancy goldfish.

Pepsi216

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks everyone for all the warm wishes!

Well, it appears that Lady Luck is not on my side. I got back from class a little bit ago to find that when one of my roommates gave Orion his morning meal, she accidentally left the lid open. And guess who jumped out?  :'( I guess Orion was so excited about having a new home and about breakfast that he just couldn't contain himself. He's in a better place now; I just wish it didn't have to happen to my pretty boy :'(

If nothing else, I still have little Artemis, who seems to be paying more attention to me almost as if she knows something's wrong. I'll give it a few days and maybe see if I can rescue another little boy from the store. Won't be able to find another with his pastel colors as he was bred at the LFS at home, but I'm always glad when I can save a betta from a "tiny cup of doom".

On a lighter note, yes, that was a rubber chicken you saw in the reflection, left over from April Fool's Day. I need to make a note to clean up my desk before taking pictures again

RIP Orion, you'll be missed.

~Kelly  

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
We're sorry to hear about Orion. :'(

Timesdragonfly

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear that. It's so sad to loose a healthy fish. :'(

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Both of your fish looked wonderful. I am sorry that you lost Orion. :'( He died so needlessly. At least you still have Artemus to love.

CherryRose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom