Meet my new fella

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
He's a VT from Petsmart..
I scanned all of the males at least 5 times before I even spotted him and when I did I knew he was the one for me.
They had alot of other really pretty ones as well. Like one with a light pink body and very pretty violet tail.. and another greyish/blue, but none others had the look my guy does.

He's just the prettiest color. He has a metallic sheen to him and his colors are a light pink/peachy color.
Pics aren't great, but these are the best I could do heh. He was swimming around all over the place checking out his new place
No name yet.. still trying to think of one I'll get better pics probably tomorrow heh

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Attachments

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
whoa......I never saw a betta that color.....

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
that's a really pretty betta. Nicely chosen. May he live well with you, I pray and hope for a long time of fun and enjoyment for both of you.

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
They had so many nice ones, but he was the only of his color there.. and the only shiny one heh.
His coloring really isn't that unique. Well.... petstore bettas maybe.. but I've seen plenty with his type of colors on aquabid LOTS of awesome colored bettas there!
One of these days I'll be getting me one of those *nodnod*
Until then I'm gonna be spoiling my petstore bettas rotten! heh

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I love your wonderful find - he reminds me of our little Sora (named for his blue eyes), only you're little guy's a more perfect peach. You got yourself a real steal there - I've only seen 2 peach Bettas at our local Petco and we're always in there looking. Congratulations! I'm curious - would you say he's kind of mellow for a Betta? Sora is our most mellow Betta (he hardly flares at a mirror even & accepts anybody for tankmates after an initial flare at them to remind them who's boss) and I wonder if peaches tend to be mellow or if it's just him.

Here's a pic of our little Sora on Pea Dinner Night - he loves swimming around holding his treat and nibbling on it. Again congrats on your beautiful find, he's a gem and shows that it pays to really search through the petstore Bettas for these hidden gems. You have the right to be a very proud Betta parent.

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Lol.. that picture is too cute!!
I just put a mirror up to my lil guy and he was flaring like crazy heh. So must just be your lil guy that's mellow

Here are some more pics! Some still blurry but well... what ya gonna do heh...
And forgive the scratches on the tank.. it's old and I recieved it this way heh.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Attachments

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He is very handsome, a really unique color. Congrats on the new Betta! Let us know what you are going to call him.

Cute pic, FLBettaCouple. Very beautiful Betta.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
shollia said:
Lol.. that picture is too cute!!
I just put a mirror up to my lil guy and he was flaring like crazy heh. So must just be your lil guy that's mellow

Here are some more pics! Some still blurry but well... what ya gonna do heh...
And forgive the scratches on the tank.. it's old and I recieved it this way heh.
Thanks, he cracks us up everytime we feed him a half of a pea. Can you believe he was in Petco for a few weeks before we took him home? Everytime, I resisted because we were out of tanks, room & money but finally I couldn't resist any longer. It's like he was meant for us.

We love your little guy too, my wife especially loves his little 'bulldog face' - her 1st Betta that we just lost had a bulldog face too and we really love that in a betta and you found it in an incredible color - quite a find there and those pics turned out great, really showcase your little guy - they sure like making it a challenge to snap a good photo, don't they?

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
8) Your new betta is very handsome. The pictures you took are very nice too. Thanks for sharing. ;D

CherryRose

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOVE your Betta!

lisa987

Valued Member
Reaction score
He is beautiful! I've never seen a betta with those colors before. Does he have a name yet or did I overlook it?

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I love his dark "lipstick" !! ;D

shollia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Nope he didn't have a name.... until now! muahaha heh...

I love names with a meaning.. so I decided to go with...

Caine

which means Son of the Fighter according to a babynames website heh... I like it though.. sounds strong!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
shollia said:
Nope he didn't have a name.... until now! muahaha heh...

I love names with a meaning.. so I decided to go with...

Caine

which means Son of the Fighter according to a babynames website heh... I like it though.. sounds strong!
Good job - I like to wait until inspiration hits me before naming a new Betta something that has meaning too. Our peach got his name due to his blue eyes. The hero of a PS2 video game, Kingdom Hearts 2, is a blue-eyed, good-natured fighter named Sora - and so he was named after a week or so of watching his behavior.. plus it's an Asian name so that was another factor. So now you'll be raising Caine, right? Sorry, couldn't help myself. Really, that's a good Betta name & Caine is a marvellous Betta. Congrats.

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on getting him. Sometimes on some sites you will see breeders especially sneering at petstore bettas. I believe that their conditions are slowly but surely improving and that it is a good thing to give them a good home.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom