Meet my new betta!

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new betta. He is swimming around a lot more than Flash did, and is investigating everything in the tank

Here is a pic of him.

Gwenz ;D

P.S. - I can't think of a name for him. Any ideas?

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I like the name "Mr Shiny" myself. The lower picture shows a really nice sheen on his fins. Good luck and enjoy, Gwenz.

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
HE IS GORGEOUS!!!!

He looks a lot like my Jesse who passed! I really do enjoy the veiltail as well (that is what he looks like anyway).

Since he is investigating you could call him "Inspector Gadget" :) Then he could have his own theme song and everything!

Or you could call him Reluire which is "shine" in French. :) (Sorry, I love the French language!!)

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

divakeeks said:
HE IS GORGEOUS!!!!   

He looks a lot like my Jesse who passed!  I really do enjoy the veiltail as well (that is what he looks like anyway). 

Since he is investigating you could call him "Inspector Gadget"  :)  Then he could have his own theme song and everything!

Or you could call him Reluire which is "shine" in French.  :)   (Sorry, I love the French language!!)
I also like the French language ;D (I just learnt a new word!! ) I started learning french this year for GCSE. I also learn spanish (been doing it 4 years), I could call him Lustroso - Shiny in Spanish!! Or just Shiny. What do you think?

Gwenz

P.S. - My mum suggested I should call him "Inspector Gadget"!

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
why don't u try calling him 'shiny' in Tia if i remeber correctly that is where they are from but i happen to like the oreintal languages myself japanese, korean, ect

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think Lustroso is a great name. All my Bettas get Spanish names. He is so beautiful! I can't believe how much he looks like my Luna did...

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He looks just like my Azul (blue in Spanish ). I love the veiltails too and wish I still had one but sadly couldn't face one after I lost Azul.

He is so beautiful and all the names suggested are great. I do love the Inspector Gadget idea since he is so curious and you could shorten it to Gadget.

Congratulations on the beautiful betta and welcome to the new little guy. Let us know who he is when you decide.

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think I'll call him Gadget!

I tried feeding him this morning. I got him some "King British Tropical mini pelets". He tried one and ate it, so I gave him another one which he tried but then he spat it out and swam to the other side of the tank as if he was scared of it! How do I know if he likes them or not? What should I do if he doesn't??

Gwenz

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks Isabella.

I can't help worry why he isn't eating. He'll chase the food but won't eat it. What should I do?

Gwenz

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Inari and Tenshi both did that when I first got them, Tenshi started eating after a day or so, and Inari it took about two weeks before he even looked at the food. Inari is fine now and he loves his pellets infact when i get up from my desk he gets all excited thinking its time to eat i would give him about a week or so and see if he eats if not maybe try another food?? what do the moderators think?

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry about Tenshi.

Thanks inari. I'll wait a few days to see how he does then.

Gwenz

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Gwenz-

The easiest way to determine what your bettas will eat at least to start out is to ask at the store what they have been feeding them. They may not know much about the fish but they have been feeding them. Unless they tell you that they have been giving them wafer or flake food, you can probably use the same thing that they did. I would be very surprised to find that he would eat the first thing he was given. Bettas are very picky eaters and are such pills when it comes to eating what is offered. I am sorry to say, there is no answer other than to either feed him what he is used to or just keep trying to find something he will eat. You can try bloodworms (freeze - dried) if he won't eat the pellets. Most bettas will eat them. Please let us know how things are going.

Rose
???

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Gadget died last night.  :'(

I don't know what to do. Gadget and Flash have both died. I don't know if I should try again.  :-\ :'(

Gwenz :'(

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'm so sorry gwenz that is horrible i would say try again they are wonderful fish but still that is horrible i would talk to the store u got him from

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
Maby try a diferent store
Just a sugestion dont name your fish untill after a couple of weeks this helps a lot if you loose them....

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom