Meet my Lego Quidditch Aquarium

Kaerey

So I haven't posted here in a long time but figured you all might enjoy my new office aquarium.

It is a Fluval Edge 6G with the 12G LED light as an upgrade. Lego pieces are siliconed down to the bottom glass.

And here is a link to a full build album on imgur.

Adam55

That. Tank. IS. AWESOME!! Seriously, that's something I've never seen before.

celizabethh3

I think that is THE BEST tank I have ever seen!!

Kaerey

celizabethh3 said:
Wow that's a huge thing to say, there a literally thousands of awesome tanks on this site. Thank you!

lwill

Oh my it's so perfect! I had considered a hogwarts build but wasn't thrilled with my castle choices!

smee82

not a fan of the books but your tank looks nice.

Kaerey

lwill said:
Oh my it's so perfect! I had considered a hogwarts build but wasn't thrilled with my castle choices!
Then just build your own!!! That's what this is and what Lego is for!

lwill

Kaerey said:
Then just build your own!!! That's what this is and what Lego is for!
I'll keep it in mind for the future

MJDuti

just a suggestion. put that in the "Tank of the Month" photo contest next month. I bet you'd win

Kaerey

MJDuti said:
just a suggestion. put that in the "Tank of the Month" photo contest next month. I bet you'd win
Can you do that from the tapatalk app? I can't seen to find that section.

Jomolager

I would like to share your picture with my 12 year old grandson. How do I do it? I was born and raised Analog. TIA.

Sayba

Is that a hogwarts background too? AWESOME!

I am a huge fan of the films, so this makes me happy lol!

Kaerey

Sayba said:
Is that a hogwarts background too? AWESOME!

I am a huge fan of the films, so this makes me happy lol!
Yeah just printed a picture, and taped it to the back glass. I am not satisfied with it yet.

Kaerey

Jomolager said:
I would like to share your picture with my 12 year old grandson. How do I do it? I was born and raised Analog. TIA.
Can you email him a link to the album I linked in the first post or text it to him/his parents? You should also be able to download the picture by right clicking on it and attach it to an email to send to him.

Jomolager

Kaerey. Thanks for quick response. Is there anyway to do this using iPad or Mac that does not have right click? TIA

Kaerey

Jomolager said:
Kaerey. Thanks for quick response. Is there anyway to do this using iPad or Mac that does not have right click? TIA
On Mac you can command click or control click to bring up the Acton menu. IPad try long press on the . May work best to just send the link to the album.

hampalong

Hi, sorry but I'm a fish-lover. Fish will hate this tank. No thought has been given to them at all.

Ziabis

Ya that is very cool.

Thunder_o_b

hampalong said:
Hi, sorry but I'm a fish-lover. Fish will hate this tank. No thought has been given to them at all.
Constructive criticism is always preferable to simple condemnation. If you are willing to point out that this tank is unsuitable for fish you should also be willing to explain why, and how the OP could improve this tank to the benefit of the fish.

Rivieraneo

How are we going to fit Harry Potter in there ?

Nice tank though, my kids are HUGE HP fans.

hampalong

Thunder_o_b said:
Constructive criticism is always preferable to simple condemnation. If you are willing to point out that this tank is unsuitable for fish you should also be willing to explain why, and how the OP could improve this tank to the benefit of the fish.
You're right. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. Its just that most fish will not remain unstressed in a tank that looks totally unnatural. For one, few if any bottom-dwellers will be unstressed if they can't blend in to some degree. In most natural habitats, bright colours tend to be on the fish themselves rather than the surroundings. Most fish are more at home in a natural looking planted tank. I'm probably not explaining it very well, but it does make a difference, and stressed fish are disease-prone fish. The 'habitat' we keep fish in is all part of providing a stress-free life for the fish?

Dolfan

Very original idea for a tank. As for fish hating it, I think that is a bit strong of an opinion. Many fish are kept in bare bottom tanks with little to no décor, and they do fine. If you wanted to add some live plants to maybe make it a bit more natural, I would suggest maybe some taller stems all around the outside. These would look like trees so you could still have the Harry Potter theme going, but with a woods or forest for a back drop. Good stems that are easy to grow in low light include bacopa, hornwort, or even maybe some rotala. Hornwort would go well, and would just need to be anchored down. And hey, hornwort sounds pretty similar to Hogwarts, so not that far off.

Witchydesign

Are the legos full of water or are they waterproofed somehow? I like it its pretty awesome, I would just worry about fish gunk getting trapped inside the legos. Unless you sealed it all somehow? My son might like something like that... BAD MTS BAD!!! Get back!!! The 3.5 in the closet is calling my name I have to escape now while I still can!

badrad

I think the use of KraGl will ensure the Lego pieces never move and sufficiently water tight! Although you might get challenged by the master builder.

Tierod

Original idea I love it...

Psychedelicbabe

celizabethh3 said:
I agree I've never seen one like this before my kids would love this

Thunder_o_b

hampalong said:
You're right. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend. Its just that most fish will not remain unstressed in a tank that looks totally unnatural. For one, few if any bottom-dwellers will be unstressed if they can't blend in to some degree. In most natural habitats, bright colours tend to be on the fish themselves rather than the surroundings. Most fish are more at home in a natural looking planted tank. I'm probably not explaining it very well, but it does make a difference, and stressed fish are disease-prone fish. The 'habitat' we keep fish in is all part of providing a stress-free life for the fish?
You make some sound observations that the OP can benefit from. Thank you for the clarification of your view point.

garikapc

Very nice!

Dang

you just made my wife eyes go big she's a huge Harry potter fan. and I have the 12 gal version of this tank. ( she's not into aquariums much)

petaddiction

I really like the tank. I'm so jealous haha. The guppies look great with it and I think they kinda go along with the quidditch theme because of their long float tails that look like brooms

emanluke

Awesome tank! The guppies make even more sense now that I've read your commentary on imgur. Great idea!

fishnewbie33

This has probably been discussed before, and sorry if I missed it...are Legos safe for fish?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom