Meet Mike

doughboy52

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
This is Mike - the harlequin rasbora on the lower right. His right eye has something wrong with it that we didn’t notice until bringing him home from the LFS. Injury/scar tissue? Birth defect? Just wondering what people think may have caused it.

He’s been happily and healthily living in our tank for three months, and it’s kinda neat that we’ve been able to name a rasbora and be able to tell it apart. It’s simultaneously sad and cute to watch him lose track of the shoal if his bad eye is facing them, and then he eventually figures things out. Just wanted to share since I think he’s an interesting fish :)

Attachments

OP
doughboy52

doughboy52

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Fisheye said:
I can't zoom like everyone else seems to be able to. Hopefully they'll take a look.

If you'd like to fill this out, it paints a detailed picture of your tank. I do understand that he potentially came to you this way.

Fish Emergency Template | 376562 | Freshwater Fish Disease and Fish Health
Oh, I’m in no way worried about him or seeking help! He’s been totally fine. Just thought he was interesting to share and curious what people think may have happened to his eye. A fun musing.

New Threads