Meet kasai!!!!

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
After Inari died, I saw this little guy he has the firey presonality and loves his new home...who is Kasai he is my new fire red veil tail betta and he loves the tank he is in. I no longer have him in my community tank due the fact that I have an angel in my tank and betta + angelfish = big pain in the butt for me anyway I'll post some pictures of him later on

~Inari

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Can't wait to see him ;D

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I would love to see a picture of Kasai. He sounds like a handsome little guy!

CherryRose

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It is a priviledge to meet Kasai and we will wait, a bit impatiently to be sure, to see the pictures.  All my little guys are waving their welcomes and we wish you the best with him. 

You are oh so correct Betta + Angel = Large Pain.

UMMM...Brent, do you really have all those fish in that 10 gallon tank? you know that it is hugely overstocked if you do, right? Now be prepared for one tempermental betta as they get worse the more crowded they are and the Cories you have listed are enough to fill that tank with NOTHING else in there.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Can't wait to see pictures Inari, Spikey says welcome

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Upon looking at your sig I have to say that I agree with Rose...wee bit too overstocked than I think you can make work even with very large water changes. The main problem's the albino bn... considering they grow like 5 or 6 inches won't he get too big for the tank anyway?
For myself I am most worried about the Oto you have in there...even with large water changes you'll have higher nitrates, and Otos are really sensitive to high nitrates. I'm sure the last thing you want is to be treating for finrot. (Which won't be helped at all by a tempermental Betta nipping at everything in sight due to feeling crowded...)
Now I hope I do not sound too negative, but I am only speaking from experience...I too had an overstocked 10 gal (one of my Guppies had babies and I wanted to keep them in there, and I was pushing the limits in the first place) and my Otos came down with horrible finrot.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
OK so you guys stop thinking Kasai will get an attitude, he is in a sepate tank I need to up grade it but he really likes it right now!!!! my 10 gallon has the cories, a bn pleco, an oto, and nessy I also have high nutrient plants (hygras mostly) they suck up ALL of my nitrates and my ammonias I hear your guys' concerns and thank u I am considering an angel pair perferably mated pair...I have an empty 10 gallon and they are the only ones that I would put in there. I also test my water religiously like everyday if you want i will send you a spreadsheet of all my specs assuming i can find the one from last year. anway I will post pics of Kasai as soon as my finacee will et me borrow her camera :-D

~inari

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Aren't angels a bit big for a 10 gal?

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I saw a 'profile' that said they would ok to keep in a 10 gallon i was just askin' that's all I thought they would be too

~inari

LZ Floyd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Greetings to you inari and welcome Kasai!

Mike

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Heh interesting profile, a pair of Angels needs 30 gals I believe.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Isabella would know for sure if you are interested. I may ask her to chime in here and let us know.

Rose

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
don't worry about it I only have a 10 gallon and one should be in atleast a 20 so i can't do that lol

~inari

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Inari, I am very happy that you have a beautiful new Betta - congrats I can't wait to see it! I also APOLOGIZE for not responsind to this thread for such a long time. I hope you're not angry. Sorry once again.

With regards to the Angelfish, which tank is it in? Because I am not seeing it anywhere in the descriptions of your tanks. However, it doesn't matter which one of your tanks has the Angelfish in it because any 10 gallon tank (or even a 20 gallon tank) is way too small for even 1 Angelfish. I am very sorry to be saying this to you, but this is the truth. I have Angelfish in a 30 gallon tank, and I even (personally) consider that a 30 gallon tank may be too small for Angelfish. But that's me - I love when my fish have LOTS of space. This is why I have bought a 75 gallon tank - I'll keep 6 Angelfish MAX in there, and probably only 2 or 4 - the rest will be given away to my friend's 110 gallon tank. If you can afford it, please buy and set up at least a 30 gallon tank for the Angelfish (or for the Angelfish pair, if you'll get another Angel).

A Bristlenose catfish - in my personal opinion - also needs at least a 30 gallon tank. I agree with the people above: your tank with the BN catfish is or will be overstocked (as the BN grows). And your tank with the Angelfish is or will be overstocked (as the Angelfish grows). Some fish simply cannot live in small tanks. If you know you cannot afford a large tank, it's best to buy small fish that are compatible with the size of your tank. A large fish will only suffer in a small tank. I wouldn't want to live my entire life in a small closet, which is why I don't get fish that are too large for my tanks.

Of course, what you will do is up to you. I'm just trying to shed some light on the situation.

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
It was an option that I wanted to look into I think my signature is bit out of date but i was going to get one 'cause at one of my LFS they said that they would do pretty well in a 10 gallon i thought it was kinda odd but i'm not messing with it or that store again i found out that a bunch of thier fish died from something and i had to get a friend on the inside to tell me this info so i won't buy fish there ever again i have some from way back when i first started my tank but never again. also the BN is doing great I understand that he should be in a 30 but at the moment i can't have one and i didn't know that was the case with them. I realize that it is due the the amount of waste that they produce. on a normal tank (depending what is in it) I would do a weekly water change but on this one I'm testing everyday and if i see so much as a trace of ammonia in my tests the water gets changed i don't want them to dye of ammonia poisoning. anyway when i graduate I will be upgrading to about 40 or 50 depending where I live. Thanx for your concern tho

~inari

I will try and post a pick of Kasai sometime today!!!! I know everyone is so impatiently waiting!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya Isabella I'v read that 30's are too small for some angels as they aren't very deep though how deep are they. I know that 29gallons are great tanks for angels as they are 18" deep but they come with problems with lighting as it's hard to grow plants because you have a 20w bulb and it doesn't penetrate it.

Ya I agree with Isabella on the BN too. They grow slow though so you should be able to buy him a new tank hopefully in time. Sounds like you have it right with them, yes they produce lots of waste. You do have some driftwood and feed him veggies, if you don't know that.

Yes I can't wait to see kasai

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
;D I can hardly wait to see a picture of Kasai and his tank. ;D

CherryRose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom