Meet Jii-san

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My son's mystery snail. He looks like an old man, so we named him Jii-san (informal Japanese for grandpa).

My kid loves him, hes the favourite in his tank lol tbh im tempted to get 2 more mysteries so i have one in each tank because hes actually pretty cute.
Your tank stocking is really starting to look like mine!

fyshfuud

Valued Member
Reaction score
Love the name! Snails are so cool to watch. Nugget, my gold mystery snail passed a couple of weeks ago. I miss watching him when I can’t sleep. Hopefully I’ll find another one soon. I haven’t seen any healthy ones in the shops around me lately. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of your little “old man”. You should definitely get one for each of your tanks. Maybe a different color for each.

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
He is so cute. I have a soft spot for snails.
Me too, and my son especially loves snails lol

Your tank stocking is really starting to look like mine!
I only got 3 tanks plus a snail bin... lol
The stock on this tank (10g):
4 platies (fry)--this will likely change to 3 when they're grown due to bioload
2 ghost shrimp
1 mystery snail
2 ramshorns
A handful of bladder snails

Nothing else is gonna be added to this tank.

Love the name! Snails are so cool to watch. Nugget, my gold mystery snail passed a couple of weeks ago. I miss watching him when I can’t sleep. Hopefully I’ll find another one soon. I haven’t seen any healthy ones in the shops around me lately. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of your little “old man”. You should definitely get one for each of your tanks. Maybe a different color for each.
Im sorry to hear of your loss. The golds are pretty, aren't they?
Well, i have a young trapdoor snail in my big tank and It'll get bigger than a mystery i believe, so i may not get one for that tank, but thinking my 20g could use a nice ivory.
Jii-san was the most active of the snails at the store, many were dying or dead... Jii-san was trying to escape the tank there. He looks pretty healthy, at least to me.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom