Not open for further replies.

lyndra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The Ugliest fish in the world!!

32.jpg

Gympie is (as far as we know) a female electric blue.

She has a severe lower jaw deformity and we never thought she would survive but we've had her since she was the size of a tetra and is now about 2-3 inches long.

Yes, she always looks a little beaten up.. her 'buddies' the Damasonis are brooding at the moment.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Lyndra,

awwwwwwwww I think it's adorable! What a great fish mom!

Ken

lyndra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks Ken..

Gympie is pretty special -

33.jpg

Here you can see a 'baby' photo - Gympie is second to the left - the fish looking at the camera is the other female electriv blue - you can also see our yellow lab in this photo and the red tail shark.

Sadly we no longer have the phantom tetras... this particular tank got a very sudden and deadly fin rot problem one day that wiped out everything except the above mentioned fish.

Nowdays Gympie shares her tank with the shark (who is about 3 inches now) the other electric blue, a breeding pair of Damasoni Ciclids, the yellow lab, a pair of zebra cichlids, a pair of small black eyed yellow bristlenose and at least one tetra sized baby cichlid.

Yup, I know the stocking is odd.. I've told dad a million times but the seem to do pretty well.

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Adorable indeed Funny how it changed color from a nice brown to a black... haha Thanks for sharing!

lyndra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Gympie is still pretty brown - the newest photo has pretty bad lighting but yea she has darkened a lot as she has gotten older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom