Meet Derp... He Is A 2.5 Month Old Giant Hmpk Nemo Koi. I Will Attempt To Breed Him In A Few Months.

MaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a few in mind. One is and Giant female Koi I already have (pics attached). She is in a weird position in the first pic. And I have 2 more coming from Thailand to select from. I will also be looking to breed a Giant HM Candy Koi as well.

Last edited:

MaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm so excited and nervous. Derps Giant Candy Koi companions are arriving tomorrow from Thailand. 3 Males and 2 Females. I really hope they arrive safe and sound.

PheonixKingZ

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I can’t wait to see them!! I always is nerve racking when you order fish, and hope they arrive safe. But from Thailand?!?!? That’s a crazy huge distance to shop a fish!

MaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can’t wait to see them!! I always is nerve racking when you order fish, and hope they arrive safe. But from Thailand?!?!? That’s a crazy huge distance to shop a fish!
Thanks, me too!
They were shipped out from Thailand to the Transhipper in California on Friday. They get it Saturday and ship out to me on Monday to be delivered today. These guys have been traveling since Friday It is very nerve wracking.... I will post pics once they settle in as I have their containers ready and waiting. Stay tuned

MaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Derp's Giant friends arrived today but are a little out of it. I will attached seller pics for now. They are still very young.

Big-Giant-Koi-male-#1.jpg
Big-Giant-Koi-male-#-2.jpg
Female-Giant-Koi-HMPK-2.jpg
Female-Giant-Koi-HMPK-1.jpg
Giant-Koi--HMPK-male-2.jpg

Also made another DIY Brine Shrimp hatchery for the little fry piggies!
20190507_122908.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Thedudeiam94

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Derp's Giant friends arrived today but are a little out of it. I will attached seller pics for now. They are still very young.

View attachment 554842 View attachment 554843 View attachment 554844 View attachment 554845 View attachment 554846
I read somewhere once that reds are the most sought after when it comes to betta breeding and said they are more “attractive” to the female and more likely to spawn successfully? Is this true based off of your experience with breeding betta?

That looks so cool!! Why are you breading brine shrimp, to feed the baby Betta Fish? Just wondering......
Betta in general love to eat brine shrimp. If you can make your own diy hatchery (which is simple and cheap) you can hatch your own brine to feed your betta giving him live food that wiggles like they eat in the wild.

MaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That looks so cool!! Why are you breading brine shrimp, to feed the baby Betta Fish? Just wondering......
Hi! Baby Brine Shrimp are one of the best foods to feed the baby Bettas besides micro worms, banana worms, Walter worms, Daphnia, mosquito larvae because of their small size and nutritional value.
The newly hatched brine shrimps are very very tiny so the baby fry can eat them. And they are moving so it also triggers their prey instincts.

I read somewhere once that reds are the most sought after when it comes to betta breeding and said they are more “attractive” to the female and more likely to spawn successfully? Is this true based off of your experience with breeding betta?
Well if you are talking about the Super Reds, I heard they are harder to breed. I tried and he wanted to be best friends with the female.
But I honestly think it is the individual betta that aids or hinders successful breeding. Some just do it readily and easily and others don't for a number of reasons.
But your theory is an interesting one and I never really thought about that.

MaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Derp's Giant Candy Nemo Koi friends came in today. I'm so excited! These are the seller pics of the males as they haven't fully colored up yet but will provide pics when they do. They are 2.5 months
PhotoEditor_20190507_165908467.jpg
PhotoEditor_20190507_165801455.jpg
PhotoEditor_20190507_165711503.jpg

Like thissssss!
This is one of the better videos explaining how it's done.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom