Meet Bindi!

  • Thread starter

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Messages
582
Reaction score
0
Points
176
;D Well, I went into my LFS today to see what they had for meds. I didn't find any fish meds that I didn't already have, but I did find Bindi. The owner just got her in yesterday, along with a lot of other fish, including both male and female bettas. The only problem was that the bettas were in tiny cups like you see in Petco or Petsmart. I talked to her about it and she said that 6 of them had been ordered by someone that wanted to try breeding them. She had them in the cups so the person could get them easily. The ones that were left over she was going to put in other tanks. They were going to pick 3 boys and 3 girls out of the 10 bettas that she had bought.

Bindi looked at me with begging eyes and I couldn't stand the thought of her ending up dead from someone with no experience trying to breed her. So...here she is. The pic is kind of blurry but it was impossible to get her to hold still. As soon as she saw the evil camera coming to get her she took off, full speed ahead. LOL

CherryRose
 

jri4

Valued Member
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
Points
176
you guys and your bettas.... Can never have too many at one time can you? Bindi looks wonderful!
 

Phloxface

Well Known Member
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
3
Points
208
She's cute! I'm so glad she found a great home with you!
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
cherryrose said:
;D Well, I went into my LFS today to see what they had for meds. I didn't find any fish meds that I didn't already have, but I did find Bindi. The owner just got her in yesterday, along with a lot of other fish, including both male and female bettas. The only problem was that the bettas were in tiny cups like you see in Petco or Petsmart. I talked to her about it and she said that 6 of them had been ordered by someone that wanted to try breeding them. She had them in the cups so the person could get them easily. The ones that were left over she was going to put in other tanks. They were going to pick 3 boys and 3 girls out of the 10 bettas that she had bought.

Bindi looked at me with begging eyes and I couldn't stand the thought of her ending up dead from someone with no experience trying to breed her. So...here she is. The pic is kind of blurry but it was impossible to get her to hold still. As soon as she saw the evil camera coming to get her she took off, full speed ahead. LOL

CherryRose
Good job on the rescue, she a beauty. We've done a lot of research into Betta breeding (the space, expenses, equipment, supplies, food, meds & time, etc.) and we're sure you saved her life. One day we want to mate our Angel to a white HM, but first we want to have an entire room to devote just to the endeavor, along with a very LONG list of supplies to bring about a safe mating and properly care for the resulting Bettas, plus be sure we'd have enough time for the daily care needed and that's for 1 male & female. No plans now as we can't properly give enough space (not to mention $$) to it and we know if all needs couldn't be met for sure, then we wouldn't do it. These people want to try 3 at once?! poor things. :'(

Don't you love how they are total stinkers when it comes to being photographed? It's like they all go to Betta school & take "Messing up Photos 101".
 

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Messages
1,534
Reaction score
0
Points
196
Aw very cute cherryrose. So what color is she? Is she red? She looks hot pink in the pic. I'm sure once she get's used to her home, you'll be able to get better pics of her. Congratulations! Natalie
 

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
8
Points
208
Cherryrose - that Miss Bindi is a beauty, she does look hot pink - va va voom! What a kind thing you did.

Everytime I read someone added another Betta to their family I have to look around and see if I could possibly squeeze in another.

Lucky Girl! Congratulations! Val
 

emilai333

Valued Member
Messages
269
Reaction score
0
Points
176
Pretty girl, Cherryrose. I'm so thrilled that one more betta has a good home with someone who really knows how to spoil her.

I'm with kat tho... now I want to get another... or adopt four. **must - not - get - more - fish**!
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
emilai333 said:
Pretty girl, Cherryrose. I'm so thrilled that one more betta has a good home with someone who really knows how to spoil her.

I'm with kat tho... now I want to get another... or adopt four. **must - not - get - more - fish**!
{Darth Vader:} You can NOT resist the power of the Betta side!
ok, ok.. that's for Star Wars fans, but really it is a powerful urge isn't it? Bringing home another Betta.. they're such great pets and so fun to spoil.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Messages
582
Reaction score
0
Points
176
Yeah, Bindi is a little beauty all right. She is also still a baby and has those white silvery spots right in front of her gills just like Bambi does. I think they are both around the same age. Her name is from Sanskrit (India), and means 'a drop'. She is only a 'little drop', but is a very precious drop.

I'm not sure of her color, but her body is kind of hot pink, with red/orange fins. I honestly really and truely don't have room for any more fish, so I guess I am going to have to stay out of fish stores.

It will be so hard to refrain though. Every time I see all those bettas in their little cups I want to get all of them and give them a real home. That Betta urge is very powerful. Besides, I can't stand the thought of those lovable little fish having anything but a happy home.

CherryRose ;D
 

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Messages
25,173
Reaction score
26
Points
508
Experience
Just started
cherryrose said:
Yeah, Bindi is a little beauty all right. She is also still a baby and has those white silvery spots right in front of her gills just like Bambi does. I think they are both around the same age. Her name is from Sanskrit (India), and means 'a drop'. She is only a 'little drop', but is a very precious drop.

I'm not sure of her color, but her body is kind of hot pink, with red/orange fins. I honestly really and truely don't have room for any more fish, so I guess I am going to have to stay out of fish stores.

It will be so hard to refrain though. Every time I see all those bettas in their little cups I want to get all of them and give them a real home. That Betta urge is very powerful. Besides, I can't stand the thought of those lovable little fish having anything but a happy home.

CherryRose ;D
If that urge gets to strong, I guess you'll have to do what we plan to do when we're back up & running with a rescue tank. We'll buy the sick ones nobody else will buy and nurse them to health. The ones we succeed with will go to a good home and we'll spread the Betta bug.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom