Meet Alexander the Green - Alex for short

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
alexander

I am hoping it is easy being green. He is actually a true green although the pictures show him up as a kind of bluish color sometimes. I am so happy with him and I can tell his finnage is not complete as yet as he is another young one. I believe he is gorgeous, but of course I could not be a bit predjudiced. Of course there are pictures, but not really good ones as he is still a lot skittish after just having arrived and is still hiding in the corners some. (as you shall notice) He came from a public aquarium so is used to a much larger tank so is not too happy about the small quarantine tank but I am afraid he has to put up with it for the next couple of weeks.

Well here are the pictures:

Joe G

Reaction score
Congratulations on Alexander the Green he is a very nice looking fish , love the colour.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Beautiful Betta ... is he green or blue? Because on some pictures he looks green while on others he looks blue, lol.

OP
chickadee

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
His color on pictures seems to vary according to the light, but to see him in person he is a metallic looking green with a ruffle of dark green around the edges of his fins and a dark green stripe running down the sides of him. He has settled down more now and I got some more decent pics, but his color is actually more like the first two that I took below.

Thanks for the good words everyone. He is another baby probably 3 months old so I guess I am in the business of raising another baby. I am kind of glad.

Rose

divakeeks

Reaction score
YAY!! WELCOME ALEXANDER THE GREEN!!!

Congratulations Rose! You have gotten yourself a very handsome looking boy there!! I love his fins!!!!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Rose he's beautiful!!! As you know it's very unusual to find a true green
Welcome Alexander the Green!!!
2.gif

Carol

poefox

Well Known
Reaction score
He looks really neat, congratulations on getting him. I hope you enjoy having him. Good name too.

OP
chickadee

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Alex has been here for a few days now and is proving to be quite the clown and I can tell is going to be a handful just like Marty was. He should be fun getting through puberty. He eats almost everything and would eat the whole package I do believe it it were offered. He is the typical Betta Piglet.
He is very active, probably the most active Betta I have owned. He attacks the plants and anything that moves in the water and is even very curious about the bubbles coming out of the airstone.
The Betta Bio-Gold Pellets, which is what I have decided are to be his diet, are not a problem since he started off chewing them right away and doesn't seem to even want anoter until the last has been thoroughly chewed. How lucky am I there?? They have started to change his coloring a bit though and make him more green next to his body and a kind of dark blue/green at the edges of his fins. I had hoped that he would stay green throughout.
He responds to his name now and seems to recognize me and come to the front of the aquarium when I am there as opposed to when others are there which makes me very happy.
Well enough about my newest addition for now.

Rose

New Threads