Meet Alexander the Green - Alex for short

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
alexander

I am hoping it is easy being green. He is actually a true green although the pictures show him up as a kind of bluish color sometimes. I am so happy with him and I can tell his finnage is not complete as yet as he is another young one. I believe he is gorgeous, but of course I could not be a bit predjudiced. Of course there are pictures, but not really good ones as he is still a lot skittish after just having arrived and is still hiding in the corners some. (as you shall notice) He came from a public aquarium so is used to a much larger tank so is not too happy about the small quarantine tank but I am afraid he has to put up with it for the next couple of weeks.

Well here are the pictures:

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Beautiful Betta ... is he green or blue? Because on some pictures he looks green while on others he looks blue, lol.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
His color on pictures seems to vary according to the light, but to see him in person he is a metallic looking green with a ruffle of dark green around the edges of his fins and a dark green stripe running down the sides of him. He has settled down more now and I got some more decent pics, but his color is actually more like the first two that I took below.

Thanks for the good words everyone. He is another baby probably 3 months old so I guess I am in the business of raising another baby. I am kind of glad.

Rose

divakeeks

Valued Member
Reaction score
YAY!! WELCOME ALEXANDER THE GREEN!!!

Congratulations Rose! You have gotten yourself a very handsome looking boy there!! I love his fins!!!!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Rose he's beautiful!!! As you know it's very unusual to find a true green
Welcome Alexander the Green!!!
2.gif

Carol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Alex has been here for a few days now and is proving to be quite the clown and I can tell is going to be a handful just like Marty was. He should be fun getting through puberty. He eats almost everything and would eat the whole package I do believe it it were offered. He is the typical Betta Piglet.
He is very active, probably the most active Betta I have owned. He attacks the plants and anything that moves in the water and is even very curious about the bubbles coming out of the airstone.
The Betta Bio-Gold Pellets, which is what I have decided are to be his diet, are not a problem since he started off chewing them right away and doesn't seem to even want anoter until the last has been thoroughly chewed. How lucky am I there?? They have started to change his coloring a bit though and make him more green next to his body and a kind of dark blue/green at the edges of his fins. I had hoped that he would stay green throughout.
He responds to his name now and seems to recognize me and come to the front of the aquarium when I am there as opposed to when others are there which makes me very happy.
Well enough about my newest addition for now.

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom