medium light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phishyitis

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Question for all you plant pro's.Just trying to get my bearings as far as what light level my tanks are ,I have a 55gal. with 54w t5ho and 40w of t8.T5 is life-glow(6700k) ,t8 aqua-glow(18000k)going to replace with 6700 to 10000 when tube needs replaced.Somewhere in the 2.5 wpg can I grow medium light plants with this set-up.
My other tank is a 15gal. with 2 10w cfl(5100k)natural daylight.Not sure how to calculate cfl ,don't know if it is equal to the output of regular flourecent or is more like the t5 wich is basically twice the watts of regular flourecents.With this tank I had great growth from my wisteria but all of a sudden it slowed down and then some of the leaves turned clear.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CFL wattages are the same as T8.

Anything over 2wpg and you're going to need CO2 so your 55g is going to need it. You should be able to grow medium light plants in 2.5wpg. You'll be able to do low light plants in your 15g.

Did you change anything in your 15g, like different fertilizer, new fish, new snails?

-Lisa

phishyitis

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I added 6 neons but the leaves where already starting to go clear before they were added.I wasn't using any ferts when I got the good growth,I am dosing now with comprehensive thinking that maybe a iron defiency was the prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom