Medium Brackish aquarium

Jimbon4

I recently bought a f8 puffer, some zebra danios. They are in my 26gallon bow aquarium with 5 guppies (25 baby guppies) and a farowela catfish. This tanks been established for 4months now and has multiple plants growing such as Java ferns and purple mudwort. Plants are in blue gravel substrate. Any suggestions on what I should do to transition this to a brackish community.

thepianoguy

well...

u can do mollies as they can live in brackish tank...

and return all the fish, plants except java fern(maybe not) and some netrite snails, and some real salt water plants.

unfortunately I don't think most of ur fish can survive salt water.

matsungit

F8s are low brackish, not medium. For your tank a total of 1 to 1.5 cups of marine salt mix will do. Guppies will probably be okay in low brackish but the babies will be in danger of being eaten by the F8. As for the farowela catfish and zebra danios, I'm not sure if they will be okay with that much salt. Probably not. As for plants you can go ahead and try if they will do well. In my low brackish tank I have dwarf lily, jungle and corkscrew vals. I had giant baby tears before that were doing great and growing fast. But I removed them since they were constantly being uprooted and clogging my overflow. There will be some plant die offs transitioning to brackish. Those that survive will grow back. For your water changes you have to correctly calculate the amount of salt mix to use so it is consistent. I advise that you get a salinity refractometer. F8s do well in 1.003 to 1.005 specific gravity.

LotusPond

Some plant options when you go brackish (if the mudwort starts to struggle) could be anubias, banana plant, java moss, and possibly bamboo. I even have a merimo moss ball thriving in my tank

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01
Replies
Views
BadFishy
Replies
Views
cds333
Replies