Medicine Bath As Preventative Treatment?

1. Z

Z123Killer Well Known Member Member

So if I just want to treat with medicine (Prazi Pro) as a preventative, should I just give the fish a bath when acclimating them from the transfer of qt to main tank or would treating their qt tank be a better idea?

2. Kellye8498

Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

I would probably treat the entire QT tank just so you aren't moving treated fish back into a tank of untreated fish. That would make it harder I think. You can also let them sit in the treatment a bit longer treating them all in the QT so you know they will get more of the meds that way. That being said, I don't treat fish in QT unless they are actually sick so take my advice with a grain of salt xD

3. NavigatorBlack

NavigatorBlack Fishlore VIP Member

Prazi pro is one of the milder meds. I am really skeptical of any aquarist who suggests preventative treatment of any fish without symptoms. Our meds are pretty unsophisticated and are usually stressful to the fish - they can do more harm than good if they aren't needed. Needed, yes, go with them.
    Prazi in a QT tank is okay, because the likelihood of some treatable worms is reasonable. It takes time, so I would treat the tank. I use no meds in my own QT process, but if I did, prazi would be the only one.