Medication Question 

dfisherman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have 2 male Betta and a halfmoon on order. I'm also getting ready to stock a 55 gallon with tropical fish. Also just started a fish-less cycle on a 26 gal for my guppies. Now to my question. What are the proper meds to keep on hand for diseases for tropical fish and bettas.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
wow you have ALLOT going on!
I have zero meds in my house...but thank goodness ive never needed any but the one time I used aquarium salt for gill flukes....with properly cycled/stocked tanks, you shouldnt need meds....

Kupcake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I don't keep any on hand either. If you know where to get some within 24 hours (a good LFS) then I wouldnt spend the money now. Especially since (i think) these products, like the antibiotics, have use by dates.

dfisherman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks for the answers & yes I've gone fish crazy. But it relaxing to me to take care of them, I have some health problems and have the extra time to work on my tanks.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

Same here, no meds on hand. Hopefully you won't need them either!

Please keep us posted on your progress dfisherman! I'll be looking forward to updates from you.

Ken

I do keep and use Vita Chem and Garlic Guard and fresh minced garlic juice from the grocery store.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I use garlic juice and have started using a mix of jungle brand antibacteria and antiparasitic food while new fish are in qt, just as a precaution. The medicated food isn't expensive but some fish have to be coaxed into eating it.

dfisherman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Already had some Garlic Guard on hand fish love it! Just ordered Vita Chem.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads