Medication That's Safe For Catfish!! 55 Gallon Tank

1. packers1193

packers1193 New Member Member

I need to know some good parasite meds that's are catfish safe since they have no scales please comment???

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

I am terrible with meds, but if the catfish are healthy, I would either keep them in a separate tank, or move the infected fish into a QT tank.

3. Colt Frost

Colt Frost Well Known Member Member

Prazipro. I've dosed prazi with my corys and they were perfectly fine.

4. OP
    OP
    packers1193

Yeah that's the best bet my cats are fine (1 pictus & 2 corys) it's just a couple other fish that have some issue I think it's a parasite but may also be bladder disease from what I researched.

Prazipro huh? So have you heard of people using it on other cat species because I know corys are pretty hardy & tough little fish I'm not too worried about mine it's more my pictus cat I'm worried about.

5. Colt Frost

Prazipro is really really safe from what I’ve heard and read. It’s safe enough to use with shrimp, so I think it would be safe for pictus. But I would research just to make sure.

6. OP
    OP
    packers1193

Alright thanks a lot appreciate it I'll look into it. So how long have you been into the hobby?

7. Colt Frost

I started last July with a betta tank, and it escalated from there lol.

8. OP
    OP
    packers1193

Nice I got into fish keeping in high school then quit after a while & now I started my 55 gallon again last August it's addicting but your tank looks pretty legit from pro pic

9. Colt Frost

Thanks lol

10. OP
    OP
    packers1193

How the heck do you follow people on this, I can't figure it out?

11. Colt Frost

Press or click on the profile pic, and underneath the name it should say follow. :)