Medicated food?

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you guys suggest any type of medicated fish food for preventative measures on newly acquired fish or those showing early signs? I've read that many use them as part of the quarantine process to help ensure healthy fish, especially when reselling. So if you use them, which is best?

midthought

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Vita Chem and garlic juice are the only preventative food additives I know about. I know one of my local stores treat their bettas with methylene blue for prevention, but I don't know if it can be dosed through food.

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yeah i'm asking about anti-bacterial /anti-parasitic type food. seems like a more viable option rather than dosing an entire tank also, if the fish are still eating.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Garlic juice is known to help with parasites, I think. It also build the immune system. If would add that to their diets in addition to whatever else you end up doing. Mine get bloodworms soaked in garlic juice. Yummm...

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I ended up getting both of these from a LFS today, at a decent price (2.99/ea). Tested it on the guppys and they are all about it.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads