Me again Good fish book?

1. Cathy B Initiate Member

Can anyone recommend a good comprehensive aquarium book? As much as I like this forum, I would like to curl up by my aquarium with a good book, and really educate myself about this hobby. Something I should have done first...oh well live and learn.

"If you don't make mistakes in life you aren't really living."

2. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

I don't have a book, but I would highly recommend a subscription to a fishy magazine. I have a subscription for Tropical Fish Hobbyist and I really love it. Every month there is something new, and they cover everything from ponds to nanos to plants to cichlids to livebearers... the list goes on and on.

3. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I only buy saltwater books so I'm unsure of good freshwater books. I really like books that go super indepth with the area they are from. Like for example I have a hawiian native fish book and LOVE it.

4. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

I have one that I read that helped immensly: The Simple Guide: Freshwater Aquariums, Second Edition by David E. Boruchwitz.

It covers every single step to deciding what equipment to use to what you need to what fish to stock, I mean everything. It goes over cycling too, I read it and I would highly recommend it.:;tmnt

Wendy