Me again Good fish book?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Cathy B, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Cathy B

Cathy BNew MemberMember

Can anyone recommend a good comprehensive aquarium book? As much as I like this forum, I would like to curl up by my aquarium with a good book, and really educate myself about this hobby. Something I should have done first...oh well live and learn.

"If you don't make mistakes in life you aren't really living."

2. angelfish220

angelfish220Well Known MemberMember

I don't have a book, but I would highly recommend a subscription to a fishy magazine. I have a subscription for Tropical Fish Hobbyist and I really love it. Every month there is something new, and they cover everything from ponds to nanos to plants to cichlids to livebearers... the list goes on and on.

3. e_watson09

e_watson09Well Known MemberMember

I only buy saltwater books so I'm unsure of good freshwater books. I really like books that go super indepth with the area they are from. Like for example I have a hawiian native fish book and LOVE it.

4. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy LubianetskyWell Known MemberMember

I have one that I read that helped immensly: The Simple Guide: Freshwater Aquariums, Second Edition by David E. Boruchwitz.

It covers every single step to deciding what equipment to use to what you need to what fish to stock, I mean everything. It goes over cycling too, I read it and I would highly recommend it.:;tmnt

Wendy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice