McAfee Virus Protections Rates Fishlore Dangerous

Discussion in 'Forum Issues Log' started by Heather M, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Heather M

Heather MWell Known MemberMember

My virus protection (McAfee) says that fishlore is dangerous to my computer (rated red). Could someone who has the authority to do so please go to the link provided and resolve these issues?! I'm not supposed to be on fishlore until these problems are resolved. I'm sure it's a big turn off to people that find fishlore on search engines or whatnot and find that this site endangers their computer. I'm not saying it actually does or doesn't endanger my computer, just please someone fix it. I think fishlore is the only thing that keeps me from killing my fish.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/webmasters/index.html

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  2. nerite0479

nerite0479Valued MemberMember

I don't see how FL could be dangerous.I have been using this website for months and I have not had one virus.My virus protection doesn't rate FL as a dangerous sight.It says that my computer is protected.

3. mathas

mathasWell Known MemberMember

4. The only danger of Fishlore is to your fish keeping budget.......:;laughing

5. Red_Rose

Red_RoseValued MemberMember

This site is a security risk?

I just went into this site and according to McAfee SiteAdvisor, this site is a security risk. This is what was said:

McAfee TrustedSource web reputation analysis found potential security risks with this site. Use with extreme caution.

Is there a reason why this site is suddenly like that? This warning never use to be there before.:shock:

6. Meenu

MeenuFishlore VIPMember

someone else just posted the same thing. There was a slight issue that's been resolved. McAfee hasn't caught up yet.

7. Red_Rose

Red_RoseValued MemberMember

Okay then. Thanks for the quick response.:)

8. nerite0479

I don't use McAfee.I use a virus protection system called avast.So far it works really well and protects my computer.

9. OP
    OP
    Heather M

So true...:;bananarow

10. OP
    OP
    Heather M

Does anyone else's McAfee show this? It is McAfee's SiteAdvisor that is showing fishlore to be dangerous. I hope this can be resolved soon. I hate having to sneak around to be on fishlore because, as I said earlier, I'm not supposed to be on red sites.

11. josh11551

josh11551Well Known MemberMember

AVG dosen't show it either...

12. cm11599ps

cm11599psWell Known MemberMember

It did about a week or two ago.

13. Lucy

LucyModeratorModerator Member

Heather M's and Rose_Reds threads have been merged since it's the same topic.

14. catsma_97504

catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

AVG Free has a better rating than McAfee. Why waste your money? Save it for MTS :;smack Besides, McAfee is a memory hog that can bring a computer to its knees needlessly.

15. Mike

MikeFishloreAdmin Moderator Member

16. callichma

callichmaWell Known MemberMember

I have McAfee on my desktop thru my email provider. It hasn't alerted me lately.

17. Zenial

ZenialValued MemberMember

I use ClamWin, i would also opt for Norton or AVG over McAfee. I've also heard good things about panda security. Many other options, I would be very very surprised if any of these other programs would give you this warning.

18. steed1172

steed1172Well Known MemberMember

if you read the actual report and NOT just warning don't use it blah blah blah, it says, link to GREEN sits.. which the greens sites are then linked to other and more green sites.. PLUS there is only ONE report of any malicious.. one report by one person..

19. nerite0479

Even if this sight is a security risk I'm not worried.A virus tried to enter my computer today but my virus protection blocked it and did the nessecary steps to delelte the virus.My old virus protection alterted me about a virus after it entered my computer.There went $1500 down the drain!:jawdrop:

20. OP
    OP
    Heather M

We just got AVG because we got so fed up with McAfee. It has been nothing but problems for us. The computer shop guy recomended AVG. AVG says fishlore is safe.