Mbunas and peackocks? 55 Gallon Tank

1. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 inch mbuna cichlids, i was wondering if it is possible to add a Peackock cichlid to the tank. I know it is not recommended, but how about if i get him at a larger size than the mbunas...i have red zebras, blue cobalts and electric yellows?

2. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

anyone with experience on this subject?

3. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

I know it's not recommended. And didn't realize tell after I had them. I have both zebras and peacocks together and they don't bother eachother more than the occasional chase. The key tho is to pack the tank FULL of fish. And I don't recommend getting a huge peacock if the rest are small, he will chase and kill most of them. Try to get them the same size if you are going to do it. And also feed a variety of foods because they both have different diets.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

4. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

I was thinking three inch Peacocks with 2inch mbunas would that be OK,?

5. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Yea that should be ok. How many fish do u have in there right now? And what kind of peacocks were you thinking.

6. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

I have 16 mbunas and 1 bristle nose pleco.

7. Micaela13 Well Known Member Member

Ok that's a good number. I wouldnt get anymore than 3 peacocks. OB peacocks are great with mbunas. I also had a small dragon blood that did well. And a small MDoka.

8. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

Thanks for your help