mbuna needs a medal Funny 

jrichey7519

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i have a 55 gallon malawi tank. ive had this tank for several months and decided to experiment a little. i added a fluval fx5 and an overflow box. the overflow box is a real pain but the filter is great. i had it all installed for about a week and i lost lost one of my little johanni mbunas. i looked everywhere and couldnt find him. i figured he jumped out cause my tank isnt covered. this was about two weeks ago. today i took out my filter and put some media in it. i found my poor little soldier inside of it. he was stuck between the basket and the foam pad..he looked perfect!!!! when i looked up close, he flopped out of the basket and across my front porch. i grabbed him up and stuck him back in the tank with his buddies. he seems fine after two weeks in the filter! i looked at the overflow box and found that the tube that holds the prefilter to the outlet had raised. i bet thats how he made it all the way down. i removed overflow box and put the filter like it was supposed to be. poor little fella. i think he needs a trophy.

AquariaUK

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Wow!

featherblue

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hes a trooper!

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
great story, with an even better ending, they are tough little buggers. glad he made it through the ordeal.

psalm18.2

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
"All pipes lead to freedom" or so he thought. Hahaha

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom