Maybe too obvious...

1. R

Robb85 Initiate Member

Hi Gals and Guys.

I want to post a question, maybe too obvious
    but can anyone tell the a good list of all what I need to buy
    you know from the tank, siffon, pump, filter, chemicals

all that stuff
    for me to have a good idea of what it is extremely neccessary and what is extremely optional

Roberto

2. Tony G.

Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Hello roberto. Seeing we live in the same country a few things that are needed are hard to come by and rather expensive.

Well here's what i reccomend and a few places i have gotten them from.

You will need the following:
    *Heater (not many brands available [in my area] so i use the Sunny brand. Pretty good so far;
    *Filter (it depends on how big you are willing to go; for example there are a few canister filters here under the brand BOYU, those seem pretty good, other than that i also use the SUNNY brand)
    * Syphon (brand doesnt matter, i bought my medium sized syphon for 35 pesos)
    * Test kit HARDERST ONE TO FIND! (i dont know if youve heard of the chain store called "+KOTA" well, that's the only place i've managed to get a liquid test kit [we reccomend liquids as they are more reliable] the only brands i've seen are Tetra's and Nutrafin. They are pretty expensive, the nutrafin mini master kit runs for about 300 pesos a test, so it has to be for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH GH and KH)
    * Dechlorinator (I've used several brands but the best i've used is prime [they sell this and AquaSafe at +KOTA as well)

just a few things, but the most important.

3. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

4. Tony G.

Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Holy moly i forgot thermometer!!!!

Agreed, on the food as well

To be honest i havent been lucky with foods. The only place they have varieties are at +kota and they sell them for alot. Unless you live on northern states (border states to be exact) you might find some good brand foods at walmart. I particularly have bought a small bottle of brine shrimp eggs and cultivated them myself...