Maybe too obvious...

1. Robb85 Initiate Member

Hi Gals and Guys.

I want to post a question, maybe too obvious
    but can anyone tell the a good list of all what I need to buy
    you know from the tank, siffon, pump, filter, chemicals

all that stuff
    for me to have a good idea of what it is extremely neccessary and what is extremely optional

Roberto

2. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Hello roberto. Seeing we live in the same country a few things that are needed are hard to come by and rather expensive.

Well here's what i reccomend and a few places i have gotten them from.

You will need the following:
    *Heater (not many brands available [in my area] so i use the Sunny brand. Pretty good so far;
    *Filter (it depends on how big you are willing to go; for example there are a few canister filters here under the brand BOYU, those seem pretty good, other than that i also use the SUNNY brand)
    * Syphon (brand doesnt matter, i bought my medium sized syphon for 35 pesos)
    * Test kit HARDERST ONE TO FIND! (i dont know if youve heard of the chain store called "+KOTA" well, that's the only place i've managed to get a liquid test kit [we reccomend liquids as they are more reliable] the only brands i've seen are Tetra's and Nutrafin. They are pretty expensive, the nutrafin mini master kit runs for about 300 pesos a test, so it has to be for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH GH and KH)
    * Dechlorinator (I've used several brands but the best i've used is prime [they sell this and AquaSafe at +KOTA as well)

just a few things, but the most important.

3. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

my must haves:
    API master test kit
    heater
    filter
    thermometer
    substrate
    1 type of food
    air pump
    good water conditioner like Prime
    and of course, fish

optionals:
    variety of food
    garlic
    tetra safe start to cycle
    decorations (plants, bridges, driftwood, etc.)
    bubble wand

i am sure i am leaving stuff out, though.

**edit: Tony, not only did you ninja me, your list is WAY better! :anim_63:

4. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Holy moly i forgot thermometer!!!!

Agreed, on the food as well

To be honest i havent been lucky with foods. The only place they have varieties are at +kota and they sell them for alot. Unless you live on northern states (border states to be exact) you might find some good brand foods at walmart. I particularly have bought a small bottle of brine shrimp eggs and cultivated them myself...