maybe im the last to know, but........

1. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Walmart is running a great sale on the Wii

$199 for the Wii with a $50 gift card included! LOL

most people probably already have it, and im slow to jump on the band wagon with video games and such...I want my kids out of in front of the tv and outside doing sports....but seems this would work well for winter slow downs and my daughter has been asking for it for years....so guess where im off too!!!!!! :;laughing

2. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

That sounds like an awesome deal! Thanks for the heads up.

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

They've been really pushing the Wii on TV this year. Wonder why. :;dk

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Have fun shopping. I didn't even know what a Wii was until this year. Still I only know it has something to do with games. Buy me something pretty!
    LOL
    Ken

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I hate shopping grrrr ...well unless its for fish hahahah...the boyfriend wont even allow me in the fish section no more...even if i stamp my feets! LOL

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

hmmm Chef tells me "whatever you want as long as your happy".:party0049:
    Ken

7. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I think they are pushing the Wii because the PS3 came down in price $100. So now it is 299 instead of 399.

8. eiginh Well Known Member Member

I agree with mommy, they pushed down the Wii price to $199 b/c Xbox and PS3 pushed down their top consoles to $299. That's a great bargain if it comes with a $50 gift card which you can use to purchase a sports game, extra controller, or the yoga pad. The Wii is great if you want your kids to be active while staring at the tube. Have fun!

9. MissMTS Fishlore VIP Member

That's a great deal Shawnie! Don't tell my husband, he would at walmart 5 minutes later buying one!

10. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

It most likely only comes with one controler. The controler/nunchuck combo costs like $70 in the store, but you can get them for $35 (I think that's what I paid) on ebay. The catch is that seller is in hong kong. They said it could take 3 weeks to get it, but I got mine in about 7-10 days. My experience was very good, although at the time of purchase I wasn't too sure how it would turn out. Hope this helps, cause all that extra stuff really adds up....

11. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I got a PS3 - love it. My husband and I have been playing Oblivion for weeks now.

12. eiginh Well Known Member Member

Can Wii play any movies? I just thought about it.

Wow that's great! I should of bought when I bought a tv! Amazon had a bundle pack with KillZone 2 + Uncharted for 299 on Black Friday! I'm going to wait until Christmas Eve for any bundle packs. I totally missed out! How's the Blu Ray on that thing?

13. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

On the PS3, the bluray is great. I don't have a wii

Shawnie, are you going to get one? Cuz you could use the gift card on a new tank ... ;)

14. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Wii does NOT play movies

15. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I got the Wii and the giftcard!!!!!!
    LOL
    Like i said i hate it when the kids sit in front of a tv doing the game thing but this sounded more like "get off ya bum and enjoy" type of thing...so i did get it ..

for that price you got ...
    # The Nintendo Wii Console includes:
    # Nintendo Wii console
    # One Nintendo Wii Remote
    # One Nintendo Wii Nunchuk
    # Nintendo Wii Sports Game Disc (5 games: Baseball, Tennis, Golf, Bowling and Boxing)
    # Power cord
    # Sensor bar
    # Standard AV composite cable
    $50 gift card....

I wish i could use it on a tank LOL but im so out of room its not funny..wintering all my fry is going to make me nuts!!!!!!! hope everyone will be ready for babies in the spring hahah

16. CHoffman Fishlore VIP Member

Shawnie I LOVE LOVE our Wii. The kids can even play it!!. We have the wii fit, Rock Band, Golf, and some others. The girls can play with all of it. Randi really loves the Wii fit. She's a good hula hooper!!.

17. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

awesome cesch!!!!!! softball season slows down this time of year and what a good way to keep in shape..so i hear LOL
    ty!

18. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Wii Fit is awesome! The exercises really work for me and I've actually lost some weight by using it. The Sports game is fun too, my favorite one is bowling. Oh, and you've gotta get Mario Kart, the steering wheel makes it even more fun than the other Mario Kart games!

19. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

im sure ill be looking for all kinds of experiences from their games..id hate to spend that kinda money on dubs LOL

I wrote mario down!!

20. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Just don't buy any games that don't require the kids to stand up and move :)

I'm playing super mario brothers right now....laying in bed.