May Need To Start Over, Please Help

Photobelle

Hello, ok I have had my new tank setup for about a yr, had a smaller one for about 6 months before that. It is a 20 long, with 2 filters, driftwood with anubias and other decorations. I currently have 4 glofish danios still alive. I also have a nerite and some amano shrimp. Here are the 2 main issues. I have lost a lot of fish, platies, cories, guppies and 2 of the danios. I buy a few new ones and they die. These 4 have been in there since the beginning. Based on pics I posted months ago most agreed my fish had tb. I have treated the tank with general cure, melafix and levamisole over the past yr trying to sort out what was killing the fish based on advice at different times. I basically gave up and decided to break down the tank. However hubby convinced me to give it one more go. So my question is how do I get rid of whatever tb, parasites or anything that would harm new fish I would get. Oh and yes the tank is cycled.

Second problem is my snail infestation. I think they are mts and I have tried veggies in there to get them out, cut back on feedings, even got a few clown loaches. Nothing is helping and at this pt that was another reason to just break down the tank. I want them gone a s am willing to do chemical, replace the sand, etc I just need to know how to get rid of the them. And please don't say they are beneficial I have hundreds and want them gone. On that note would baby red eared sliders turtles eat them? That was another option we were tossing around was getting a turtle instead but I don't want the snails to get even more crazy as I know turtles are messy.

Thank you if you read this!

NC122606

Photobelle said:
Hello, ok I have had my new tank setup for about a yr, had a smaller one for about 6 months before that. It is a 20 long, with 2 filters, driftwood with anubias and other decorations. I currently have 4 glofish danios still alive. I also have a nerite and some amano shrimp. Here are the 2 main issues. I have lost a lot of fish, platies, cories, guppies and 2 of the danios. I buy a few new ones and they die. These 4 have been in there since the beginning. Based on pics I posted months ago most agreed my fish had tb. I have treated the tank with general cure, melafix and levamisole over the past yr trying to sort out what was killing the fish based on advice at different times. I basically gave up and decided to break down the tank. However hubby convinced me to give it one more go. So my question is how do I get rid of whatever tb, parasites or anything that would harm new fish I would get. Oh and yes the tank is cycled.

Second problem is my snail infestation. I think they are mts and I have tried veggies in there to get them out, cut back on feedings, even got a few clown loaches. Nothing is helping and at this pt that was another reason to just break down the tank. I want them gone a s am willing to do chemical, replace the sand, etc I just need to know how to get rid of the them. And please don't say they are beneficial I have hundreds and want them gone. On that note would baby red eared sliders turtles eat them? That was another option we were tossing around was getting a turtle instead but I don't want the snails to get even more crazy as I know turtles are messy.

Thank you if you read this!
1. I believe you are talking about TB?
  • In breeding tanks, diseased stocks must be destroyed and the tank disinfected with 1:1000 potassium permanganate solution
  • stated by l
  • Do not quote me on this but you might need to cycle again, just use Fritz-zyme 700 Turbo Start.
  • It would be best to clean everything also such as decor, filter, and etc

2. I would get a loach or even a single Assassin snail to kill them.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom