May Have To Say Goodbye To An Old Friend

Heron

I have a male gold gourami I have had a few years until a couple of days ago he has existed peacefully with one other male and two female gold gouramies along with a community of other fish. Since a water change 2 days ago he has started to bully the other gouramies and the rest of the tank so I feel I may have to get rid of him, which is a Shame as I've had him for years. I have no space for him in any other tank so I might have to ask at my local shop if they can re-home him. I wonder if this change of behavior is breeding related as he spends a lot of time at the surface blowing bubbles so I am going to add a spawning mop to see if that changes his behavior. Any ideas of anything else I could try would be gratefully received.

86 ssinit

If you want to try something first. Remove him into anything you can run for a day. Than put him back in. I’m betting the temporary move changes things. Good luck.

Heron

I will try that tonight, I don't have any tanks free but I have spare heaters and air pumps so I will set them up in a bucket.

86 ssinit

Bucket will do. Use tank water and some media from maintank

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
Heron
Replies
Views