May be silly but.. seachem prime Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaleyconniving, Jul 2, 2014.

  1. kaleyconniving

    kaleyconnivingValued MemberMember

    I'm low on money and I overdosed my small swimming pool with way too much chlorine and was wondering if it would hurt to use a couple capfuls of seachem prime chlorine remover to weaken it a little? Do you think it would hurt, the only warning on it is too keep it away from children and with it being so condensed I can understand that. But would it work?

    Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app
  2. Adam55

    Adam55Well Known MemberMember

    No, I don't think so. Not safe. Just let it sit over night. Chlorine dissipates.
  3. Jim

    JimWell Known MemberMember

    Give it a day or 2 in the bright sun and it will be gone.
  4. Thai Aquarium ownerWell Known MemberMember

    If you can aerate the pool that will really help the dissapation of the Chlorine.
  5. OP

    kaleyconnivingValued MemberMember

    I know over time it will but was hoping for sooner, and there's enough chlorine it tarnished a silver ring within 5 mins and you can smell it a few feet away from it, lol I know the preferred method would be to let it sit, I'm just asking if the prime would work or be hazardous?

    Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app
  6. Adam55

    Adam55Well Known MemberMember

    I'm 95% sure that it would be hazardous.
  7. Rivieraneo

    RivieraneoModeratorModerator Member

    You can add more water :) That's what I would do, if it overflows, just be careful it dosent go into any planted areas.

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice