maximizing space Help

1. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

Hi there :)

I have just bought an 85 Gallon upgrade for my Goldie tank. So I will have an empty tank. My original plan when the Bolivian Ram was in the 10G QT (she's a rescue from a toilet bowl, then I moved the white widows to the community and she moved into the 25G) was to move her to the 75G with the angels and rams but as I will have a spare tank I wonder whether to stick to my original plan.

Once up and running with the upgrade I will have;
    I have a 75G with 3 Angels, 2 Gold Rams.
    I have a 25G with a Bolivian Ram.
    An empty 40G.

What would you do?

I am unsure whether to give the Bolivian it's own tank, which one? how many more would you add? what is best for the fish?

thanks!x
    (All my tanks are in my signature apart from 2 x 10G molly/guppy fry grow outs and a 10G QT)

2. claireputput Well Known Member Member

Hi Hollie, I think I would try to find out if you have a male or female and then try to partner her/him up and add some middle and top dwellers to the empty tank. However, that is just me as I am a firm believer if you have an empty tank, it should not stay empty long! :)

3. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

It is a female called Boris. As the other rams in the 75 are a different type I was definitely considering this, in fact, this is the reason for the question really.

So Boris shall upgrade from the 25 to the 40. Then I would have an empty 25 Gallon. The possibilities are endless...!x

I have a 30G with a killer Molly who gets along with a BN Pleco so they could move to the 25, then I would have a 30 to stock!

4. NCE12940 Well Known Member Member

So many wonderful possibilities! The never-endedness keeps us going ;)