Math Question (dr Tims Ammonia)

Bruno

Reaction score
So, dr tims ammonia solution says 4 drops per gallon, if i got this right that would be 40 drops for 10 gallons. I have a 40 gallon tank so then I would be adding 160 drops or about a teaspoon and a half of solution. Did i get this right? also is dr tims "recipe for success" on fishless cycling still up to date? just want to be extra careful im not messing this up.

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bruno said:
So, dr tims ammonia solution says 4 drops per gallon, if i got this right that would be 40 drops for 10 gallons. I have a 40 gallon tank so then I would be adding 160 drops or about a teaspoon and a half of solution. Did i get this right? also is dr tims "recipe for success" on fishless cycling still up to date? just want to be extra careful im not messing this up.
20 drops = 1mL
5 drops = 1/4 mL
So 4 gallons requires 1mL
10 mL for 40 gallons.

10mL is roughly 2 teaspoons.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If i remember correctly the directions on the bottle were double whats needed. Its a typo that still hasn't been corrected a search on the product will yield this error and explain the right dosage. Cut the recommended dosage on the bottle in half I believe to achieve the correct amount of 2-4ppm.

Jayd976

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Correct. Not sure what kind of tank your going for, but you want to aim for under 20ppm for fresh.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom