Matching Name Ideas?

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Messages
257
Reaction score
50
Points
38
Experience
Just started
I just got a male and female Betta (impulse buy). They are both in a 5 gallon WITH a splitter thing I made. (Easier to do water changes in atm) I know that's a bit small for both of them. I've monitored them for over an hour last night and some this morning. They seem fine. No flaring, very active. They both go to the screen, face to face for a moment and go about their day. I will eventually move them to a bigger tank with a splitter, ANYWAYS (got off topic), male is fully red, female is pinkish with red fins. Any ideas on matching names??
 

motherofbettas

Valued Member
Messages
270
Reaction score
178
Points
78
Experience
5 to 10 years
Johnny and June
Bonnie and Clyde

Also, I've heard that if you keep a male and female in a divided the female can get egg overload, but I've never kept a female before so I don't know. Maybe someone else does?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Messages
257
Reaction score
50
Points
38
Experience
Just started
motherofbettas said:
Johnny and June
Bonnie and Clyde

Also, I've heard that if you keep a male and female in a divided the female can get egg overload, but I've never kept a female before so I don't know. Maybe someone else does?
Oh.. I didn't know that. I'll need to look into that more.
 

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Messages
3,408
Reaction score
2,158
Points
298
Experience
3 years
Emuhlee said:
Oh.. I didn't know that. I'll need to look into that more.
Yes please find a better way to house them. I Have 4 ten gallons at home divided, two of them with 4 female bettas and the other two with 4 male bettas. Heres a photo, though many things have changed from then. (I will get the photo when i get home, its not letting me screen shot it right now.. :/)
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #17

Emuhlee

Valued Member
Messages
257
Reaction score
50
Points
38
Experience
Just started
CanadianFishFan said:
Yes please find a better way to house them. I Have 4 ten gallons at home divided, two of them with 4 female bettas and the other two with 4 male bettas. Heres a photo, though many things have changed from then. (I will get the photo when i get home, its not letting me screen shot it right now.. :/)
Awe that sucks. I wish I had a way to get cycled media so I can cycle one of my other tanks quicker to put one of them in..
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom