Master test kit?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Rocky007Ninja, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Rocky007Ninja

Rocky007Ninja New Member Member

So the kit I'm looking at getting tests for pH high pH ammonia nitrite and nitrate. Is there a better one that tests for more or is this a good kit? It's made by api

2. Geoff

Geoff Well Known Member Member

Yep, that's the one to get. Most members use and strongly recommend that kit. You can buy additional tests separately, such as GH/KH, phosphates, copper, etc. But at the very least, you should have the Master Kit.

3. Aquaphobia

Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

That's the kit that most of us here use and recommend. It's a good kit though I know that some others like Nutrafin make larger kits! Where I live I can get the API Master Kit but none of the individual tests other than ammonia so I had to purchase Nutrafin's GH/KH test. I've seen the Nutrafin Master Test Kit and it has many more tests. It's a lot more expensive and I really don't need all those tests, but I bet it's a lot of fun;)

4. mg13

mg13 Well Known Member Member

Yup, That kit gives you basically everything you need unless you're going down to the sand grains. :)

5. S

Secret Oasis Valued Member Member

I use the API master kit as well. I also bought the kh/gh test kit, I had to go online for that one as they didnt sell it in stores around here. As with others i recommend it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice