Massive tear on pearlscale goldfish’s fin

TheFishFella

Heyo! So I recently got a pearlscale goldfish and when I first got him he had ich. I started treating for ich (with ich X) when I noticed his back fin was tearing up a bit. I decided to treat him with both ich x and maracyn Oxy just in case it was actually fin rot and not tear. But today I noticed he got a massive tear on his fin. At the moment I’m doing 25% water changes every day and 50% water changes twice a week for this tank as well as the medicine. There is driftwood and this little fake pipe decoration in the tank, do you think he tore it on one of those? Right now he is in a 10 gallon (for quarantine, he will go into a bigger one once healed)
Heyo! So I recently got a pearlscale goldfish and when I first got him he had ich. I started treating for ich (with ich X) when I noticed his back fin was tearing up a bit. I decided to treat him with both ich x and maracyn Oxy just in case it was actually fin rot and not tear. But today I noticed he got a massive tear on his fin. At the moment I’m doing 25% water changes every day and 50% water changes twice a week for this tank as well as the medicine. There is driftwood and this little fake pipe decoration in the tank, do you think he tore it on one of those? Right now he is in a 10 gallon (for quarantine, he will go into a bigger one once healed)
I’d like to add that there are 3 gold barbs and a Cory catfish in the tank as well, but they don’t seem to interact with each other

jtjgg

the pipe decor and driftwood don't look like they have sharp edges, but its possible.

TheFishFella

the pipe decor and driftwood don't look like they have sharp edges, but its possible.
I ended up removing my gold barbs, I think they were the issue

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jtjgg
  • Question
Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies
Views
Eclipse3d