Mars has more problems :( Help

1. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

So Mars has been acting funny lately, I thought it might have been a bad mood, but it seems to be something else.
    My water quality is great, has not changed in a long time, so I know it can;t be the water as he has always had these conditions and previously flourished in them. He is in a divided community tank which I suspect may be the prob. He has recently started to either float at the top of the water facing the back or hide behind his rock and not move. He is in a divided community tank, and maybe the danios beside him swimming about manically are stressing him out. He has previously been fine and has been able to see them the whole time...
    The way he is carrying his fins, it looks like they are starting to clamp, but they are definitely not doing that when he decides to swim to the top for air.
    Finally, he is off his food, managed to get him to take a tiny piece of pea this morning by waving it in front of his face, but he was not coming to chase it or anything. His scales look a little but shiny, but he has a habit of swimming against the divider, and I think this activity may have caused it as there is not signs of disease or otherwise on him.
    Sorry about my marathon post, but I don't know what is wrong, and have only had him 3 months or so, can't be old age surely??.
    I'm trying Tony's trick, I have him a new tank and luckily an already cycled filter and used gravel, ornaments etc so the cycle should be a couple of days, but he has to stay with my boyfriend, and I'm not sure if he will make it to the weekend or manage the journey if he does :'(
    Where would I get garlic juice, to get him to eat?
    Any help would be very appreciated, and I'm finished now, promise!

2. Diggly Well Known Member Member

I use crushed garlic from the supermarkets in the herb isle and soak food along side the garlic. I also drop a few granules in so it gets in the water and inside the fish which I have read on here can be beneficial.

Hope this helps!

3. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Hi Tigerfishy, sorry Mars isn't feeling well. Hope he gets better soon and members can swing by soon to help. Great info from Diggly ;D Best of luck and best wishes to Mars. :;hf

4. Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

He seemed to have perked up a little bit this morning, he swam over when he saw me, think he was so hungry he was looking for food. His new tank is all set up and should be ready real soon with an already cycled filter and used decor lol! Hopefully he makes the journey and gets even better when he is by himself. (To be honest, my boyfriend is "looking forward to having a friend beside me"... I smell a betta bug lol!)

5. Diggly Well Known Member Member

Yeah they always pretend they dont care but I found my boyfriend talking to the bettas this morning!

6. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

Hee Hee! He is hooked! ;D