• 20210831_190215.jpg
    20210831_190215.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 26

FishPlanet

It looks like natural coloring.

Dantheman15

But hes swimming funny

Dantheman15

I cant attach a video, when he swims he swims on his side then drops down the bottom of my tank and stays there. On his he has a red dot that looks swollen

FishPlanet

I cant attach a video, when he swims he swims on his side then drops down the bottom of my tank and stays there. On his he has a red dot that looks swollen
It looks like a tumor. Can you please fill out the emergency template. Thank you

Dantheman15

Tank
What is the water volume of the tank? 60L
How long has the tank been running? 4 months
Does it have a filter? yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 25. 9 c
What is the entire stocking of this tank?
(Please list all fish and inverts.) 9 guppies
2 cory dorys

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Once a week
How much of the water do you change? 25% to 30%
What do you use to treat your water? Aqau safe
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? Both

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What do you use to test the water? Api liqud test kit
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: 0 - 0.25ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 5ppm
pH: 7.6

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? Once a day
How much do you feed your fish? Couple pinches
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Wafter pellets
Do you feed frozen? No
Do you feed freeze-dried foods? No

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? Nearly 2 months
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? 31-08-21
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? Swimming on his side then laying on the bottom of the tank still
Have you started any treatment for the illness? No not sure what to do
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all?

Explain your emergency situation in detail.
(Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now) right so basically i came home from work and noticed the cory was laying on his side so moved the water near him and then he moved quickly the another spot then layed still then i tried it again thats when i noticed he was swimming side wards so then i netted him put him a quatine tub and now watching him! Not sure whats happening

Attachments

• 20210831_190215.jpg
    20210831_190215.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 13

HummingbirdNSabath

He might be bloated or have SBD (Swim Bladder Disorder) the good news is that this isn’t contagious! For bloat, I heard somebody on the forum say you can mix one tablespoon of Epson salt with one gallon of water and soak them in there for ten minutes. If it’s SBD, this is caused by over feeding, then you would not feed it for three days and then feed them blanched peas. Do you have a heater? cold water slows down there digestion so that could also be a reason if you don’t have a heater.
Hope your Corry gets better!

bcsay720

Cute little guy. Is it still swimming sideways in the quarantine tub? I know one of my corydoras likes to sleep against plants and rocks so he's turned sideways. Gets me every time.

RioMilano

Could also be that your cory dosen't like living with just one other cory

bcsay720

He might be bloated or have SBD (Swim Bladder Disorder) the good news is that this isn’t contagious! For bloat, I heard somebody on the forum say you can mix one tablespoon of Epson salt with one gallon of water and soak them in there for ten minutes. If it’s SBD, this is caused by over feeding, then you would not feed it for three days and then feed them blanched peas. Do you have a heater? cold water slows down there digestion so that could also be a reason if you don’t have a heater.
One quick note is that salt is bad for corydoras, so I would refrain from using it... which is one of the reasons that curing cories of things can be tricky.

RioMilano

One quick note is that salt is bad for corydoras, so I would refrain from using it... which is one of the reasons that curing cories of things can be tricky.
De-ionized salt isn't bad for corys. Their just sensitive. So you want to make sure to get the time and dose right and monitor them extra carefully. Unless their together then they're not happy.

Dantheman15

Im gonna feed the cory a pea after ive finished work hopefully it hasnt died by then! It moves about then stops goes upside down then swims again

Coradee

Hi sorry to say but a pea won’t do anything, that looks like a growth/tumour & by the sounds of it I doubt anything would help at this stage. Sadly I think I’d have to suggest euthanisia.

DoubleDutch

Hi sorry to say but a pea won’t do anything, that looks like a growth/tumour & by the sounds of it I doubt anything would help at this stage. Sadly I think I’d have to suggest euthanisia.
I agree for the fullest

Dantheman15

Yeah i got home and it had died R.I.P cory

DoubleDutch

Sorry to hear.
I've been thinking about this thread and the course it followed.
It is one of the many threads OP shows a real issue with a good clear pic.
Then the OP is asked to fill the emergency template, does so and then gets several advises for treatment for issues I don't see in the pic or read in the emergency template.

I don't want to be rude and I am definitely ain't a know-it-all but please please don't advise any treatment if you're not sure.
Several treatments are quite harsh for fish and if not needed, do more harm than good.

I don't tell anyone isn't allowed to provide advises but please be careful.

Also in a lot of cases I think the question to fill in an emergency template is useless and overdone. But that's my personal opinion in cases with clear pics.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Bettanewb78
Replies
Views
alex95th
Replies
Views
richiep
  • Question
Replies