Marineland Vs Aquaclear

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmp4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have both a Marineland penguin 200 filter and also an AquaClear 30 filter. Is either one ok for a 20g tank or is one better than the other? Thanks in advance.

AngelTheGypsy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If you have an AquaClear, I'd go with that one! They are the most trusted HOB in the hobby, as far as I know. When I was shopping for a filter, several people told me to go with the AC if I did HOB. I got the AC 70, but then switched to a canister.

NavigatorBlack

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The Penguin is not as well made or as durable, but it is rated larger. The AQ is a better device, but it would be just enough filter. You would be doing 25-30% weekly water changes, I hope, and if you don't overstock, you can use either.

I'd put both on!

OP
M

mmp4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks everyone. So its looking like aquaclear for the win

ashenwelt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The Penguin is not as well made or as durable, but it is rated larger. The AQ is a better device, but it would be just enough filter. You would be doing 25-30% weekly water changes, I hope, and if you don't overstock, you can use either.

I'd put both on!
So... just as a note. I am a firm believer in two filters. Have one go bad and lose fish... even 30 years ago... it leaves a mark.

OP
M

mmp4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So... just as a note. I am a firm believer in two filters. Have one go bad and lose fish... even 30 years ago... it leaves a mark.
Agree, thinking about it now it is better to be safe than sorry. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom