Marineland Vs Aquaclear

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by mmp4, Apr 18, 2017.

1. m

mmp4 Valued Member Member

I have both a Marineland penguin 200 filter and also an AquaClear 30 filter. Is either one ok for a 20g tank or is one better than the other? Thanks in advance.

2. AngelTheGypsy

AngelTheGypsy Fishlore VIP Member

If you have an AquaClear, I'd go with that one! They are the most trusted HOB in the hobby, as far as I know. When I was shopping for a filter, several people told me to go with the AC if I did HOB. I got the AC 70, but then switched to a canister.

3. NavigatorBlack

NavigatorBlack Fishlore VIP Member

The Penguin is not as well made or as durable, but it is rated larger. The AQ is a better device, but it would be just enough filter. You would be doing 25-30% weekly water changes, I hope, and if you don't overstock, you can use either.

I'd put both on!

4. dcutl002

dcutl002 Well Known Member Member

I am partial to the AquaClear, but they are both okay.

5. Buganjimo

Buganjimo Well Known Member Member

I vote AC i got the 20 for my 5.5 gallon betta tank. I just used the flow changer thingy so it all the way down

6. OP
    OP
    m

Thanks everyone. So its looking like aquaclear for the win

7. ashenwelt

ashenwelt Well Known Member Member

So... just as a note. I am a firm believer in two filters. Have one go bad and lose fish... even 30 years ago... it leaves a mark.

8. OP
    OP
    m

Agree, thinking about it now it is better to be safe than sorry. Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice