55 Gallon Tank Marineland Multistage Canister C-220

Drew 43920

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I am thinking of buying a Marineland Multistage Canister C-220.
All thoughts would be appreciated .
TIA
Drew

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI Drew
What I hear about this filter is that it is rated for up to a 50 gallon tank. I hear they are super quiet and very good.

OP
Drew 43920

Drew 43920

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a 55 gallon tank.

capekate said:
HI Drew
What I hear about this filter is that it is rated for up to a 50 gallon tank. I hear they are super quiet and very good.
I have a 55 gallon tank with few fish (low load ?).
What do you think ?
TIA
Drew

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know that you have the 55 gallon tank. Just wanted to mention that the filter is rated for a 50g. I guess it depends on what fish you plan on keeping and whether they are heavy waste producers or not. What fish do you have now?

OP
Drew 43920

Drew 43920

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
A simple tank..............

capekate said:
I know that you have the 55 gallon tank. Just wanted to mention that the filter is rated for a 50g. I guess it depends on what fish you plan on keeping and whether they are heavy waste producers or not. What fish do you have now?
3 Tetras, a Cory, no plants. I am rebuilding a tank.

soldieroffortune1974

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you are handy,might I suggest building your own instead of buying 1. See the DIY section,they're very easy to make,and the most expensive item is the return pump.............

All parts are readily available at Lowe's,Home Depot and/or tractor supply.You can build your own for a LOT less than buying 1,and make funds availablr for other ideas (like ummmmm fish)

OP
Drew 43920

Drew 43920

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Good idea but.....................

soldieroffortune1974 said:
If you are handy,might I suggest building your own instead of buying 1. See the DIY section,they're very easy to make,and the most expensive item is the return pump.............

All parts are readily available at Lowe's,Home Depot and/or tractor supply.You can build your own for a LOT less than buying 1,and make funds availablr for other ideas (like ummmmm fish)
I use to do that sort of thing but now I am in a Nursing Home and don't have access to parts , tools or work space. I also have to make sure things "look nice"
Drew

outlaw

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You could run the canister filter with the current Biowheel 170 you have respectively giving you filtration fro upto 100Gal. If you are looking to get rid of that, the next size up filter would probably be best allowing you to add more fish in the future if you wanted with out having to worry about filtration.

$110 C-220 Rated up to 55Gal at . PetSmart is $30 more, and DrsFosterSmith is $50 more. I did not factor in any shipping.

$150 C-360 Rated up to 100Gal at . PetSmart is $40 more, and DrsFosterSmith is $50 more.

If you are looking at other brands too. Maybe this one will do the trick. It is $60 and rated up to 75Gal. I use this on our 46Gal tank. Odyssea CFS 4.

New Threads