Question Marineland Magnum 350 Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoons

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I just set up my new Marineland Magnum 350 canister filter and it's humming along happily. My question regards servicing this filter and how to minimize water spillage. since my wife is water spill intolerant, I'd like avoid any excessive time on my part spent in the dog house. Sorry to say I had to locate the filter canister in a difficult to access spot that requires that I tip it to remove. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

catsma_97504

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
I have this same canister and spill almost no water. I use the valves to stop the water flow. Then, when disconnecting them, I try to keep them over the top of the canister so it can catch any water that drops from between the valves. I only need to tip my canister slightly and do not lose any water spilled onto the top.

Not sure any of the above will help, but that's what I do when cleaning out my filter.

OP
S

spoons

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks, Dena.

Your reply was indeed helpful so I won't worry about the spillage issue.

BTW, this new filter sure does a great job. The water is so clear the fish look like they're floating in midair.

Michael

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Spoons and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well and your water is clear.

I hope you enjoy the site!

Ken

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks very similar to the Eheim Classic valve system that I use.

I shut off the valves, then hold a sponge or towel around the connection as I separate the hoses, the sponge/towel absorbs the little bit the spills (it's only about 5mL max per hose). [my canister sits on my carpet next to the desk]

Just remember to ensure your valves are shut off before you break the seals! hahaha (been there done that doh!)

Another option, if it can fit, is to place the canister in a plastic pot bottom to catch any drips, and simply dry it off, or run a chamois around the base to abosrb any water that runs down the canister.

If you can catch or absorb any minor drips/spills = happy wife

OP
S

spoons

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My thanks to moderator Ken, Ryan and again Dena. It sure is nice to have access to knowledgeable people with experience under their collective belts.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 59 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 19.8%

Top Bottom