Marineland LED Aquarium Hood, 30x12

footose

I purchased the Marineland LED hood for my tank about 8 months ago when I got it.

The LED light was always "sketchy" IMO, particularly the switch. You had to push it into just the right position to make it turn on or off (or blue).

Over the course of a week of having it, I noticed moisture was coming up through the hood and into the LED light. Wasn't too much I could do about it.

The hood lasted about 8 months and two days ago it finally gave out. I opened it up, and just as I suspected, rusted to .

Definitely not a good experience with this product - I email the company, and we'll see what they have to say!

image.jpg

dcutl002

Hopefully it is still covered under warranty.

footose

Just got an email response from Marineland.

They are replacing the light! No questions asked. How great is that?

Harry

dcutl002

That is excellent! Is it a plant growing light?

footose

I don't have live plants, so I'm not sure. It's LED.

So, it arrived today! Kudos to Marineland for sure. No questions asked, sent me a new one.

It does seem a lot brighter than the one that came with the LID. It says "25% brighter" on the box, so that probably explains it

At first I was pretty upset the light didn't last, but Marineland sent me a new one in less than 7 days.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

dcutl002

If you wanted to, you might be able to grow Anubias or Java Fern with that light. Just make sure you attach the roots to driftwood or a rock. I use rubber bands or nylon zip ties to do this. Once the roots attach firmly just cut the ties.

footose

This is probably a for a new topic - but I've heard the barb's eat the live plants pretty good. Truth?

dcutl002

I have Tiger barbs and they do not touch my plants.

Latest threads

Top Bottom