Marineland c360 leaking Help 

bettabo1

Valued Member
Reaction score
I traded a guy for a marineland c360 cannister filter. He said it was working fine 4 weeks ago, but it leaks around the corners when I go to prime it. Is it worth buying a seal kit for the cannister or should I just chuck it?

Matthew7812

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The o-rings probably dried out. I would suggest getting new o-rings if possible, you could try silicone grease to bring the o-ring back to life, or some type of seal kit. My friend had this issue and he ended up putting his canister in a plastic bin inside the stand until he could fix it. (better than water damage)

the c360 is fairly expensive, is there a warranty on it? could you talk to the guy you bought it from about it? I don't think it's a lost cause and worth throwing out just yet. Best of luck!

bettabo1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Matthew7812 said:
The o-rings probably dried out. I would suggest getting new o-rings if possible, you could try silicone grease to bring the o-ring back to life, or some type of seal kit. My friend had this issue and he ended up putting his canister in a plastic bin inside the stand until he could fix it. (better than water damage)

the c360 is fairly expensive, is there a warranty on it? could you talk to the guy you bought it from about it? I don't think it's a lost cause and worth throwing out just yet. Best of luck!
I talked to the guy about it and he said he left it in his garage and wondered if it had cracked from the cold weather. I asked to trade back and he said he would give me money to buy a new seal. I am assuming the guy got it used and never tested it. I guess I could check the build date on it.

Islandvic

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Is this the original C series or the updated Magniflow?

bettabo1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Islandvic said:
Is this the original C series or the updated Magniflow?
The cannister was grey. I ended up cutting the cord and tossing it. Thanks everyone

max h

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The whole kit to replace all the Orings and gaskets on the C-360 is only $7.46 from Marineland.

bettabo1

Valued Member
Reaction score
max h said:
The whole kit to replace all the Orings and gaskets on the C-360 is only $7.46 from Marineland.
It was going to be on hardwood sfloors so i didn't wanna chance it after he said it might have frozen in the cold.

Duncanclubs

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Did you get the leak resolved?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom