Marineland biowheel filter

SinisterCichlids

Hello,

Does anyone know if the biowheels from the older marineland filters fit onto the new marineland pros? Does anyone have the new pro filter? Seems like a really nice upgrade and would appreciate the quieter noise. They made the filter really customizable. Very impressed.

86 ssinit

Don’t worry about the bio-wheels no proof they work. Think if they worked all the Chinese knockoffs would have them. Now the rest of the filter works!! I have the old 350 on most tanks. Just use the rest of the old media in the new filter. And if not allready change out the cartridges for sponges. No more changing. But do this one cartridge a month. Gives the sponge a chance to grow bacteria.

Upvote 0

SinisterCichlids

T
Don’t worry about the bio-wheels no proof they work. Think if they worked all the Chinese knockoffs would have them. Now the rest of the filter works!! I have the old 350 on most tanks. Just use the rest of the old media in the new filter. And if not allready change out the cartridges for sponges. No more changing. But do this one cartridge a month. Gives the sponge a chance to grow bacteria.

My question was if the bio-wheels fit the new marineland pro filters. Ex. the old 350s to the new 375s etc.

Upvote 0

mimo91088

I didn't even know they made a new one. Exciting!

Upvote 0

86 ssinit

No I believe the new ones are longer. Still useless but longer .

Upvote 0

mimo91088

I just read a review on marineland website that seems to suggest that the biowheel itself will fit and spin, but the bearings are not interchangeable if they need to be swapped due to wear.

Upvote 0

SinisterCichlids

I just read a review on marineland website that seems to suggest that the biowheel itself will fit and spin, but the bearings are not interchangeable if they need to be swapped due to wear.

Ok that's interesting thanks for sharing. I think I am just going to go to a store that has both and see if they are interchangeable to be sure.

Upvote 0

SinisterCichlids

I didn't even know they made a new one. Exciting!

Yes, it is somewhat new, I think about a year old.

The new filter has:
- Motor is now submerged
- Fixed the trough
- Adjustable intake valve
- Basket for more media or can be swapped for a filter floss
- self primes.

If you are interested, here is the best in-depth video of the filter.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigB322
Replies
Views
thekingprawn
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies