Marineland 75g Majesty Ensemble

1. happygolucky Well Known Member Member

Hi Fishlore,
    Anybody have experience with this tank and stand? I decided against the 60g heartland after reading a bunch of bad reviews on the seal and particle board. This tank is larger, has better dimensions, and seems to have better reviews. If you have experience with this tank, please give me some insight on the quality and the stand, is it good, bad, or just okay? (I'm so excited for a new tank, but they all seem to have bad reviews :( )

2. MissyRay Member Member

I just bought this setup recently and I'm currently about halfway through a fishless cycle. I'm quite pleased with the tank. It definitely seems sturdy and well made.

The stand is as I expected, not exactly high end by any means but looks quite nice in my office and doesn't look cheap at all.

Not sure I love the glass tops at all but I think I'm just not used to them. I had always had a hood before so it's just new to me. But quite functional!

The inside is just an open space, the back is exposed which makes getting equipment underneath it easily set up. (I do however, have 2 puppies who have already figured out how to go behind the tank to steal the supplies- remedied that by adding some temp cheap shelves in I had laying around which I may replace with something nicer later.)

The light is a stock LED light, for trying to grow plants but lights up the tank nicely and the blue light mode is nice if you like that kind of thing.

You really can't beat this for the price IMO. At least what I paid was more than reasonable. I've included a picture of my set up below.

Hope that helps!

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. happygolucky Well Known Member Member

Wow it looks really good :) ! Is the stand wood or particle board (does water ruin it)? Also, wood is normally more sturdy, so I just want to be totally sure this thing won't spill 75g of water onto my floor! Also, did yours come assembled? Still unclear on that part lol...

4. MissyRay Member Member

Yea it's definitely wood. It comes assembled which I was concerned about too initially. My husband and I just drove our truck up to the front door and they loaded both pieces on. It was very easy. We then carried it from the truck into the house and had no problems. It is very stable.

5. happygolucky Well Known Member Member

Thanks so much for the help, I ordered mine and am going to pick it up soon! Time to wash 75lb of sand...

6. happygolucky Well Known Member Member

Anyways, now I have a beautiful tank and stand...which is not level. The stand rocks a tiny bit back and forth (It is a small amount, but still worrying), and I think it's because of the floor. I am cutting a carpet to put underneath, will this fix the problem?

7. MissyRay Member Member

I would use a few shims to make it level. Level is very important. Carpet underneath can't hurt but you probably need the thin wood shims to be safe. Then use a level to check the stand. Then put the aquarium on it and stick the level inside the tank and check it from multiple different positions to be sure. Very exciting!

It's definitely the floor by the way. I started with my tank on one wall, which I ended up not caring for, and it did that as well and I had to shim it. But I moved it to its current location and it was as level as could be with no work on my part. So it's the floor, which is pretty common, and you shouldn't have too much trouble getting it level

8. happygolucky Well Known Member Member

I will definitely put a shim underneath, I want to rest easy lol. Thanks for all the help

9. MissyRay Member Member

Sure thing. I'll be keeping an eye out for progress on the new tank!