Marineland 220 New Install

trajik78

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I have the canister up and running, no problems. But 2 things...

1. When my air conditioners compressor comes on my power dips a touch, and when that happens I can hear the impeller make some noise, then go back to normal operation. Anyone have this experience and curious if will pose a long term problem?

2. When the whole thing is together I have to tilt it back and forth a bit to get all the air out. If I don't do that, are there any particular problems?

THRESHER

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You're going to have to plug the cansiter filter on another outlet. The power draw from your AC is causing the filter to slow the impeller down and back up. This is causing the amperage to drop. Once it slows down, you get air trapped inside. This is why you have to keep tilting it to get the air out. Yes you will have issues with the impeller or motor or both if it continues.

OP
trajik78

trajik78

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
yeah, figure I'll have to buy a voltage regulator for the summer months.

max h

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have the 360' and when we get power surges from lighting strikes they make a little noise starting back up. Now if the sponge prefilters start getting to clogged they will start spitting air. The Fluval edge sponge prefilters fit the 360 intake perfectly. I think every 2 weeks iI just need to pull them put on a new one and wash out the old one. You can get them in 12 packs on Amazon for less then $10.

OP
trajik78

trajik78

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I bought a APS battery backup/power conditioner for it. It's helped with the brown out impeller prob. I also trimmed the in/out hoses by a foot each and reseated the power head, seems to have solved my bubbles issue as well. Probably reduces the suction needed to get water in and out of the tank so it is less likly to break any seals.

New Threads