How Do I Marine set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtisk

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
please help if possible I have at the moment a Fish R Fun 165Ltr bow fronted tank the lid has a built in filter and 2 T5 lights of which one has stopped working i have tropical fish in the tank at the moment but I want to have a marine set up my question is can i change the lid to do this ?

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey curtisk, welcome to fishlore.

Whilst I don't have specific experience with your tank, if it is a standard fitting, you should be able to swap out your T5 bulbs for any thing you like, SO LONG AS it is the same wattage.

Most T5 fittings/ballasts/tubes are fairly universal in length and wattage (i.e. most 2ft tubes are 24W) for a given length/size. If your setup does not have standard fittings, you'll need to consult with the manufacturer as to what bulb options are available.

If you have 24W ballasts, then you can only put 24W tubes into the fitting. However the type of 24W tube is up to you (e.g. 6700K, Actinic, 18000K etc)

Last edited:
OP
C

curtisk

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi ryanr
Thanks for that I will try to replace because I want to change from tropical to marine fish so I want to get the tank right first before I begin.
If you have any tips on where I should dtart and what to use I would be graterfull I want to gather as much info as possible so I get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 74 67.9%

Top Bottom