Marine Land Eclipse System Twelve - any comments

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy an aquarium, any idea on 12 gallon marine land Eclipse System Twelve, how is it? is it a good buy.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just bought one and I love it. There is enough room for a nice group of fish without it being too big to be easily taken care of. I love mine. It also has one of the most efficient and easily taken care of filters. (Bio-wheel)

Rose

dazzler

Valued Member
Reaction score
sorry to hijack but, WOW where didyou get that blue light from i want one!!!!!!!!!!

regards dazzler

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That tank has one hub and 3 of the blue lights, my smaller tanks each have one blue light and since they all sit so close the same hub takes care of all three tanks. I have another hub and I am thinking about getting another color or else get ready for another tank .... HMMM?

They are really nice as I can watch the fish and they can start getting settled down for the night.

Rose

jayfl234

Valued Member
Reaction score
chickadee nice castle have one in my 10 gallon tank

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
WOW...WOW...very pretty tank..i love those blue lights...it is so near to nature...cool..i will buy 12 gallon then....eclipse ofcourse...btw do u have any fish in the tank..i dont see ....

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes I have 4 Botia sidthimunki or Dwarf Chain Loaches and 1 Otocinclus catfish at the moment and am awaiting a Betta for the tank and then it will probably be close to full. I know that most Otocinclus catfish like at least 2 of them in the tank, this little guy has been in with others and will not have a thing to do with any other fish so he goes by himself as the others tend to pick on him.

I removed the castle today as I had decided to put more live plants in there and did not have room but the rainbow rock is still in there. The castle had been broken when I received it and I patched it with aquarium sealant but it is not holding up well so I guess it goes in the waste bin. I had received my money back on it so it will not be a huge loss.

Thank you for the compliment on the tank. I do try to spoil my fish.

Rose

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
cool...in the past few days i have been in this forum..i see Rose looks like you are a big fan of betta...any particular reason..

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A betta was my first fish and he and I developed a very close relationship. I am disabled and am at home with my fish 24/7 and they are my buddies. (and my babies) I spoil my fish unmercifully and totally. I started with one tank and then a friend gave me a huge 3 gallon vase that was a disaster and I am glad it is gone. I had to get a fast tank when it broke and then my first betta died because I had not known how to take care of him. I made up my mind they would not die due to me not knowing how to care for them so I spend a lot of time learning about the fish I own and because they pretty much all come from online they have the advantage of being healthy when I get them.

I am a nut about Bettas and agreed to moderate the Betta Board in the hopes that I could help people avoid all the dumb mistakes I made with my first one. I hope that I have helped some anyway. I do not know a lot about a lot of fish but the ones I own, I have made a special attempt to learn about in hopes that I can give them the best care available.

It is easy to love bettas because they return the affection and communicate with me quite clearly. Bettas do not know that they are fish, they act like humans who have to live in water. Given a choice on who to interact with, a betta will opt for the human over a fish almost all the time, unless the fish has hacked him off.

They are not fish for a tank where a lot of species are wanted though as they make very poor tank mates to most types of fish.

Rose

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rose for sharing the information. You sure are great person and your fishes should be lucky to have you as their owner. Since I started fish keeping only now, i dont have much information on Betta, but sounds like they are fun from what you say. May be I will buy one for myself. Is it Ok to get a male and female betta together?
I used to keep fish lots of years back when i was in middle school. but i dont remember any, ofcourse never used internet that time and never had clue on fish. whatever my father picked up , i had them. I always liked guppies and various colors they come with. So i am fond of them ven though they breed. I have 4 infact in my 5 gallon now, i will soon buy 12 gallong eclipse as you suggested. So buying online is better way to go is it, you are saying fish is healthy if you buy online, what is the gurantee, btw how are these fosterssmith guys. Are they good?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No you cannot keep more than one betta in a tank unless you use a very good divider with no way of them jumping over. They will kill each other if left together for more than just a short while during spawning. Then even they must be under constant supervision to keep them from killing each other. Breeding bettas is an expensive and hard work. long hours situation and not to be tried by any one who is professionally trained or equipped.

Even the female tanks that have been tried by members here have not worked and the little girls have been injured or killed by each other.

Sorry, but I would rather see you have one healthy betta than take a real risk at another situation.

Rose

rajs

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rose. Could you please answer second part, is it good to buy online, coz you say they are fresh
and how is this guys fosterssmith where you seem to buy

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I got my loaches at which is the part of Drs. Foster and Smith for live fish and plants. I have never gotten plants from them but if their plants are even half as nice as their fish, they should be great. The thing I like about them is the fish arrive the next day and no hassles. They are healthy and happy and young.

The bettas I have gotten mostly from and their bettas are wonderful.

Now as for gaurantees, they are not as good as if you were buying them from the local petstores. Usually you have a matter of hours to send them a photo of the dead fish in an UNOPENED bag to get the price of your purchase back. You can kiss the shipping fees goodbye as they are not returnable. It costs money and big money to have a fish shipped to you. On eBay it is from $19 to $29 and then you need to be there to pick up the package or the gaurantee is no good. This is over and above the cost of the fish and they are not cheap fish. Bettas run from $8 to $40 depending on whether the auction is long and there may be a lot of bidders. I do this because I have to not because I would not rather be out there shopping in the fish stores on a regular basis. But the fish are indeed very healthy and the people who sell them are usually respectful of them.

I have had fish show up at the house dead even though they were well packaged and heated and everything so it is not an impossibility but for the most part, they arrive just fine. (my losses were otos.)

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom