Marimo Moss Balls

gothicrose5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
how many of these moss balls can one put in a tank....the size of the balls are 1.5 to 2"....there are 4 in a bunch for 11.99 just wondering ......

DarkOne

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As many as you can fit.

I bought 6 but they sent 8 and I had all of them in a 40g. I moved them around and started a shrimp tank and put 4 in there.

gothicrose5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
DarkOne said:
As many as you can fit.

I bought 6 but they sent 8 and I had all of them in a 40g. I moved them around and started a shrimp tank and put 4 in there.

Ok i just bought 20 so thanks i think im good...this is the tank it is going in it isnt complete yet i still have the left side pvc pipe to finish it will look similar to the right side....I think they will pop in this tank

Attachments

BobNJerry

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
IMO you can never have enough moss balls lol

they are good for the fish and the water.

gothicrose5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
BobNJerry said:
IMO you can never have enough moss balls lol

they are good for the fish and the water.

well i ordered 20 of them for now im fighting brown diatoms atm so hoping this will help...so many conflicting things on how to combat it...from lots of to no light..then no light causes it and then the same with the light i quit saltwater because of that now i have it in 1 of my freshwater tanks and not the other and i did the same to both at start up and the 2nd one has nothing im like **** but such is life

BobNJerry

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Brown Algae will appear most times in a new set up after the tank has cycled- and my experience has been that it either goes away on it's own or frequent small water changes if its a little more stubborn.

It's ugly but its not harmful to the fish.

If you want a really good brown algae chomper- nerite snails and amano shrimp will take care it as well. =)

JamieXPXP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I love moss balls. I really need to get more. You can fit a lot of them in a tank especially since they are extremely slow growing

BKabina

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you don’t mind me asking,Where is everyone buying there marimo’s from? There about $10. A piece at the LFS.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I bought one 2 inch one on eBay for $2.99 and free shipping. It arrived flattened and I plumped it up some but not to completely round . I think they look kinda silly if perfectly round.

tunafax

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Got 9 total from the Seller that sells 1 to 2" , the ones that are "nano 0.25 inches buy 10 get one free" never arrived.

gothicrose5

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Dch48 said:
I bought one 2 inch one on eBay for $2.99 and free shipping. It arrived flattened and I plumped it up some but not to completely round . I think they look kinda silly if perfectly round.

i asked for it to be shipped in a box so it wouldnt be flat on arrival

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom