Marimo moss ball question

BettasAreSuperior

VeiltailKing

I’m sure they could survive it. They’re pretty hardy. But if you’re doing a treatment and have the ability to remove them, I definitely would.

lucky123

They would probably be fine but if you’re worried, you can just keep the moss ball in a regular cup with tank water while you treat the tank. I had mine in a cup while I treated my tank for a while and that worked for me.

BettasAreSuperior

I'm doing what lucky 123 is doing for the past 1 week. They're doing pretty good. Just in case I took them out.

wishuponafish

I've had them in brackish water with 5 times the salt of a "treatment" dose and it was fine.

BettasAreSuperior

wishuponafish what was the treatment dose?

wishuponafish

bettaandcorylover said:
wishuponafish what was the treatment dose?
My salinity was 1.005 or around 1.7 tbsp/gal, treatment doses are usually 1 tbsp per 2-3gal.

BettasAreSuperior

And your moss ball survived?! wow. What was your tank size? So is it safe to put the marimo moss ball in a 5 gallon fish tank with 1 tbsp per gal treatment with aquarium salt? ???? I don't want my moss balls to die..( also, I have 1 betta in there I am treating with fin rot I think he's getting better)

wishuponafish

bettaandcorylover said:
And your moss ball survived?! wow. What was your tank size? So is it safe to put the marimo moss ball in a 5 gallon fish tank with 1 tbsp per gal treatment with aquarium salt? ???? I don't want my moss balls to die..( also, I have 1 betta in there I am treating with fin rot I think he's getting better)
That's kind of a lot of salt for a betta, but I think it will be fine for at least a few weeks.

BettasAreSuperior

I did a lot off research and bettas can stand quite high salinty and also thanks!

Top Bottom