Marimo Balls And Fishless Cycling.

Phillip J. Fry

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm still in the process of cycling my 20h tank and I was wanting to get some of these. Is this something I can put in the tank while cycling? Do I need to quarantine them? And are there fish that just don't mix with them? (We haven't decided what fish to get yet)
These are the ones I was looking at online.
Screenshot_20180517-191716.jpg

-Sofia-

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You can put them in while cycling, quarantine is your call but if they were never in contact with snails or fish I think you'd be just fine (please correct me if I'm wrong), some fish do enjoy picking at them and some will completely destroy them but since your tank is a 20g most fish sutable for the tank size would be just fine with marimos. If you would like to know what fish are perfect for your tank just post your stock list and fishlore members can help!

Phillip J. Fry

Valued Member
Reaction score
-Sofia- said:
You can put them in while cycling, quarantine is your call but if they were never in contact with snails or fish I think you'd be just fine (please correct me if I'm wrong), some fish do enjoy picking at them and some will completely destroy them but since your tank is a 20g most fish sutable for the tank size would be just fine with marimos. If you would like to know what fish are perfect for your tank just post your stock list and fishlore members can help!
Will this change how my tank cycles? And is fertilizer even necessary?

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i bought these on amazon by the same seller. i think i rinsed them well with tap and then soaked them for a day (maybe two) in dechlorinated water until they sank. they didn't have any hitch hikers, they're good lil balls. you don't need fert for them, and they might suck up a bit of nitrates, but not much.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom