Marbling Or Something Else?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by TheSaraBree, Mar 25, 2019.

1. TheSaraBreeNew MemberMember

Hi all, I was wondering if someone more experienced than I, would mind looking at the pinkish splotches on our betta's fins?
    When we got him he was the typical butterfly pattern except for his tail, which has always been completely blue. The blue has started to make its way down into the white part of his fins so I suspect he will be completely blue eventually.
    The pink bits are new though and started to show up about the same time as the blue "bleeding" down into the white so I was thinking it was just normal color change but wanted to get a second opinion from you all. I know butterfly bettas often have the marbling gene so I am hoping its just that! The first pic is when we first got him and the second will be the new pink patches. Also, disregard my finger in the second pic, it was to get the camera to focus.

Attached Files:

2. BReefer97Well Known MemberMember

It’s normal :) most blue based bettas develope red somewhere throughout their fins. I wouldn’t consider it marbling, but he’s just reaching his full coloring potential.