Marbleing

1. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Just curious how fast/slow your betta changed color on you? Was it just "hey that not my fish" one morning or over the course of months? Im curious because i think Jenks is trying to. Either im blind or my very light colored fish has alot more blue speckles today. He just flared at me and i swear that spot was not under his chin before. Of course it could be that im only noticing them now because a spot on his back got darker. Sigh. Anyways back to the previous question, how fast did your betta marble?

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

One of mine took a couple of months to completely change colour

3. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Hmm. Well maybe he wont change too much. Or at all lol.

4. junebug Fishlore Legend Member

I brought home a beautiful platinum blue marble pk from the store one day... Moved him to a permanent tank and one day when I was feeding him, I realized he was a turquoise metallic with red wash.

So the short answer is, it depends on the fish.

5. HappyKnitter Member Member

142820d1402685562t-my-new-little-guy-newbettaguy.jpg illuminatynow.jpg

Here is Illuminaty when I first got him on the first picture and what he looks now. He is getting color like dark blues and reds I could see his fins getting color. . He is also on the end of his fins get curly.

6. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Well Jenks is definately getting color. Both pectorals now have a strip of lavender. He has a spot under his chin between the gills getting larger and more purple. And on his head he has 3 spots in the shape of a perfect triangle. Cant get a halfway decent pic of his head but this one shows his pectoral and the spots under his chin. [​IMG]

7. kittykat0725 Member Member

Mine brighten and stuff after about a week

Sent from my KFSOWI using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

8. Witchydesign Well Known Member Member

Ive had him for a few months now. Hes just gaining purple spots lol