Marble Koi Betta Over Time!

gabyjaspan
HI y’all! I’ve got this koi betta named George (you probably know him by now as the betta that’s smarter than a dog) and I realized something about him the other day. George is changing colors. George is a koi. Kois are marbles. Marbles change color. So I thought since I just moved him into his own 2.5 gal and the sunlight was hitting it nicely, I would take some glamour shots of how he’s changed!

Here’s him before:
a3df479739cf299329e70f320cb9d985.jpg

Here’s him today!
ef9fd0a79d6772704269c0d7d7b9ecfe.jpg
ebaf01b4a7b9f789cd770a907e7ad3ef.jpg
6fdce07cd2a5afbfb0d64fba00ead71e.jpg

I’m going to keep adding updates as he continues to change, supposedly they never stop! Isn’t that wild?!

JamieXPXP
wow that's a major change lol. I love his little black spots XD they are cute. he was beautiful before but now...he is stunning haha can't wait to see how much he changes

Hill Dweller
He is beautiful! He's just like my guy who is also changing I haven't taken any "after" photos since I got him but I'm sure he is getting redder just like George. They are so brilliant and smart and interactive. I feel like I want to play with him or pat him or something. Like a dog!

Abby565
Wow!! He is absolutely gorgeous!

emmysjj
He looks like a ladybug! Pretty!

You might want to try the Fish School to test his smartness

gabyjaspan
Jamie aren’t they adorable? And thank you!! I think Georgie is like a fine wine, he just gets better as he ages He was just a lil baby when I got him so he’s got a whiiiile to change more

Hill Dweller Thank you! Aww, cute! Do you have any pics of him? I’d love to see and I knowwwww he’s like a tiny water dog, whenever I’m cleaning his tank he literally swims into my hand or attacks it he’s so funny

Abby thank you!! Can’t wait to see how he grows

Emmy LOL he totally does! And I kinda did, taught him how to go through a hoop and jump for food and all that jazz, he’s suuuper smart!

emmysjj
Cool! I'm training my betta right now!

Hill Dweller
Here we go, this is Mr Splashy (named by toddler!) 3 weeks ago (first pic) and just now (last 2 pics)

Gosh his cellophane is filling in fast

IMG_4140.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4194.JPG

Hill Dweller
Oh my!! He’s positively stunning! Changed just like George, I wonder if Kois all get deeper in color and redder as they age?
I bet we will see a continuous change in the red and the black as they grow. So fun

sarah zehowski

74C08FC3-4A95-48E0-9AAA-E9563FF6A540.jpeg Wow he’s adorable! His colors are completely stunning. I had no idea they changed so much! Thanks for the info. I’ll definitely be looking forward to that with my newest betta Chip lol

gabyjaspan
View attachment 415192 Wow he’s adorable! His colors are completely stunning. I had no idea they changed so much! Thanks for the info. I’ll definitely be looking forward to that with my newest betta Chip lol

Oh my goodness look at that face he’s adorable!! And thank you!! I can’t get over people saying he looks like a ladybug it’s so cute No guarantee Chip will change to a deeper red, he could change a lot or not at all but whatever the case he is gorgeous!

Kysarkel000
Oooh, I hant looked until now, but my koi has changed so much too! Awwe she's so grown up! She's such an awesome girl, when I bought her I was afraid she'd be the one girl that was too much of a hot head, but she never fights ️
Before

MVIMG_20171218_032823.jpg

MVIMG_20171218_033303.jpg
After

MVIMG_20180221_191425.jpg

MVIMG_20180131_152014.jpg

gabyjaspan
Oooh, I hant looked until now, but my koi has changed so much too! Awwe she's so grown up! She's such an awesome girl, when I bought her I was afraid she'd be the one girl that was too much of a hot head, but she never fights ️
Before
View attachment 415458
View attachment 415459
After
View attachment 415461
View attachment 415463

Wow, the blue in her tail is stunning! She’s so pretty! I kinda wish George were peaceful like yours, he attacks literally everything he can get his weird little mouth on

mg13
Y'all you're Bettas are so cool looking! I wanted a koi but I got an elephant ear delta/halfmoon. He's really pretty and I love him, but now I want a Koi even more! They're so gorgeous!
K. Now I have to seriously consider getting another tank.

gabyjaspan
Y'all you're Bettas are so cool looking! I wanted a koi but I got an elephant ear delta/halfmoon. He's really pretty and I love him, but now I want a Koi even more! They're so gorgeous!
K. Now I have to seriously consider getting another tank.

Ah yes, the koi bug bites another They’re infectious, aren’t they? So unfairly cute

Kysarkel000
Wow, the blue in her tail is stunning! She’s so pretty! I kinda wish George were peaceful like yours, he attacks literally everything he can get his weird little mouth on
Yeah, I had the choice of either her or another koi at the store. I liked her most, but she tried to fight with all the other fish I put her next to. I had decided to take a chance with her because of her blue and iridescent streaks and spots that the other koi didn't have. I guess my gut was right. Now I'm trying to breed her with my double tail halfmoon boy. He's not as nice as the girls though. But I'm trying to get koi double tail halfmoon babies that have the same blue streaks. Omg that'd be so pretty!!

Here's my boy (sorry for the bad pic!):

IMG_20180107_164202.jpg

And this is what I want as a doubletail:

Sorry, I meant this one:

gabyjaspan
Sorry, I meant this one:
View attachment 415861

Oh my those are some pretty fishies, if you get that definitely post pics! Well actually any baby betta pics are welcome ! I’d breed em too if we were allowed more than 10 gallons in my dorm ugh

Kysarkel000
Oh my those are some pretty fishies, if you get that definitely post pics! Well actually any baby betta pics are welcome ! I’d breed em too if we were allowed more than 10 gallons in my dorm ugh
I'm in a dorm too, and I'm only supposed to have a 10g, but I secretly have a total of 35g oopsies...

**Don't worry, I have a place for then to go if I get caught

gabyjaspan
I'm in a dorm too, and I'm only supposed to have a 10g, but I secretly have a total of 35g oopsies...

**Don't worry, I have a place for then to go if I get caught

Mine has the same rule How are you hiding them? I’m tempted

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
gabyjaspan
Replies
Views
bassbonediva
Replies
Views
CanadianFishFan